help please

ekim0410

Beta member
i was having a problem with my computer and i do not know what to do with it... The main problem is that my CMOS is always being reset whenever i shut down the computer.. and when i open it again, an error message appears, "Checksum error-defaults loaded...." i once referred it to my classmate and then he told me to replace the cmos battery.. i already replaced the battery but the problem was not solved.. What do you think i should do to solve this problem? tnx

If its being resetted, you'll have to recognise all the devices again. No?

reply..

no.. the only thing that is being reset in the CMOS is the date and time.. the devices are still recognized...

Re: reply..

ekim0410 said:
no.. the only thing that is being reset in the CMOS is the date and time.. the devices are still recognized...
I don't beleive it.The only way to do this is for you to request it.
Why don't you just boot to Windows ? Why do you enter the bios on the way ?
:confused:

TheOmnipotent said:
have you tried resetting the bios settings by moving the jumper on your mobo?
This is done when you want to flash it.
This is a "i want to use what i got" ? and can't.?
I still like to know how the bios gets involved unless you visit it on the way to Windows.
:confused:

The BIOS is visited on the way because the data on it has become corrupt, The BIOS obviously happens a long time before you get to windows, this is not a windows problem.
corrupt bios that is to say some of the information in the BIOS has been lost because there is no power going to the chip in order to refresh the information.
Some information may be lost, some might not, also you might find that the default settings are to auto detect drives which is why the BIOS still appears to know about them.
Your friend is correct you will need to replace the battery, - it's not essential though and wont hamper the performance of your PC if you don't, it's just annoying to have to put in new date/time information every time you switch on your computer

Are you sure that when you replaced the battery that you replaced it with the correct type? did you flash the bios (reset it) by moving the jumper before you replaced the battery? you could try it again now and have to set all the information again, but that shouldn't be too bigger problem.

ekim0410 said:
i was having a problem with my computer and i do not know what to do with it... The main problem is that my CMOS is always being reset whenever i shut down the computer.. and when i open it again, an error message appears, "Checksum error-defaults loaded...." i once referred it to my classmate and then he told me to replace the cmos battery.. i already replaced the battery but the problem was not solved.. What do you think i should do to solve this problem? tnx
Speak to the Prof in Computer science.
I think this is a campus prank.This doesn't happen.
:rolleyes:

what is it with you and campus pranks? have you just started at colledge or something? are the big kids picking on you? are you just paranoid.

Why in the hell would someone ask for advice for a campus prank...

I can just see it, they are all sitting around in a lecture laughing because they got some guys to respond to a problem that they've made up...

it just doesn't happen, it wouldn't happen, college people have far more imagination, and everyone pulling a prank would be far more inclined to actually pull it on someone they know!

Back
Top Bottom