what's your favorite os...plz answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
stability of XP pro is awesome.
XP pro in look and feel (unless you swutch to classic mode) is pretty much the same as XP home.
So you'll probably still get the same bad vibes from it.
but it's actually really nice to use once you get used to it.

OpenBSD 3.5 and Debian stable with a custom 2.4.26 kernel

(2.6 still feels to new to me, at any rate. theres no reason to more onto it.)

since i figure you havent heard of openbsd before:
The OpenBSD project produces a FREE, multi-platform 4.4BSD-based UNIX-like operating system.

and debian...is a linux distro. im sure youve heard of linux.

their both very highly respected operating systems. i didnt come to end up using them by chance - or because they came installed ;)

well By awesome I mean that I've been starting and restarting, installing sftware deleting software installing updates with never a crash and not even a slow down in well over a year.
I've also had a machine on permenantly for 4 months without it crashing, and the only reason it was restarted was so an update could install properly.

No, they don't go that well for my family either,
Im a microsoft oddity it just works*, it seems that between LordK and myself microsoft actually have two happy users!!!
(I bet they are having a party over in Redmond now).

*If you know what an oxymoron is I have two words for you.
Microsoft Works :D

I've never had a problem with Windows. Not for more than two and a half years. And then before it I had even less problems with 98 for three years, not problems with 95 before it for about 2 years and completely no problems with 3.1 before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom