Replacing New MB - need to copy over HDs

ep2002 said:
You must have missed the part where I said I have an integrated board.

Thanks

Michelle
Your missing the "main point" disable internal video and buy an AGP or PCI card,plug your monitor into it now and continue where you left off.
Thats all you need to do as others replied.

:)

My partner said he was already aware of that option & dismissed it. He said they are very old technology & he doesn't like them. They slow systems down & my needs all the help it can get b/c I do biz online.

Thanks anyway

Michelle

bluto said:
Your missing the "main point" disable internal video and buy an AGP or PCI card,plug your monitor into it now and continue where you left off.
Thats all you need to do as others replied.

ep2002 said:
My partner said he was already aware of that option & dismissed it. He said they are very old technology & he doesn't like them. They slow systems down & my needs all the help it can get b/c I do biz online.

Thanks anyway

Michelle
Boy have you got a lot to learn sonny boy.You've heard the last of me,but drop by when you undersand i was right.
Decision was new intregated mbd or new better video card.
And you decided to go and buy a new Intregated video mbd for much more.
By the way this has absolutely nothing to do with hard drives.Why did you include it ?
:confused: :eek:

1. I'm not a boy
2. I won't drop by & I don't take kindly to ego maniacs.
3. My system was old at this point anyway & needed to be upgraded.
4. We weren't going to put in a PCI video card b/c it's throwing good money after bad.
5. Now we have the AGP slot & it's a better system & down the road we will get a better video card.
6. The whole point was to get me up & running without losing critical data that's hard to replace or reinstall.

Got it ?????

Good

Now BYE

bluto said:
Boy have you got a lot to learn sonny boy.You've heard the last of me,but drop by when you undersand i was right.
Decision was new intregated mbd or new better video card.
And you decided to go and buy a new Intregated video mbd for much more.
By the way this has absolutely nothing to do with hard drives.Why did you include it ?
:confused: :eek:

ep2002 said:
1. I'm not a boy
2. I won't drop by & I don't take kindly to ego maniacs.
3. My system was old at this point anyway & needed to be upgraded.
4. We weren't going to put in a PCI video card b/c it's throwing good money after bad.
5. Now we have the AGP slot & it's a better system & down the road we will get a better video card.
6. The whole point was to get me up & running without losing critical data that's hard to replace or reinstall.

Got it ?????

Good

Now BYE
Did i not say this when you where confussed ? You replied i think that there was "better than PCI or AGP" Right i said earlier
Your missing the "main point" disable internal video and buy an AGP
If that means a new mbd so be it.
Try to explain your problem better next time.
You never stated "I will buy a mbd with AGP.
No what,this post really was just a waste of time as you already made up your mind.admit it sonny boy.
:D
This still isn't a saveing data problem is it Junior ?

im only half understanding the problem.

your integrated video failed.
now mobo is fucked.

so replace the whole MB.

no need to be copying hd's or anthing.

theres something ive missed here ;\

I will try to explain what I know.

The new MB won't work with the HDs I have since the old MB is outdated I guess (3 yrs. old).

If I was just a regular user, it wouldn't matter cuz I'd just install Win 2000, install all my programs etc., but I have tons of stuff that has to be moved over to the fresh HD & one or two problem areas like I have a security program that won't work if I move it & put it on a new HD. I'd have to reinstall everything.

Also getting PDF Writer reinstalled plus every other program that isn't just easy to find & install b/c I bought it from online etc. <sigh>

So we are trying to make it so Win is installed on a new HD & all my data & programs stay on the old one.

My board was integrated with no additional slots. We wanted to upgrade b4, but didn't have the money. He came across a good deal on this other MB with a slot, so he grabbed it.

The partner would have to explain in more detail but he's sleeping right now LOL

I hope that explains more & thanks

Michelle

0x54 said:
im only half understanding the problem.

your integrated video failed.
now mobo is fucked.

so replace the whole MB.

no need to be copying hd's or anthing.

theres something ive missed here ;\

I'm going from a PIII to PIV platform & that is where the problem lies.

0x54 said:
why wont the harddrives work?

my ata66 harddrive works fine in my nforce2 box.

Back
Top Bottom