Hijacked Yahoo Account & Coreflood

soundbird

Beta member
Hello All
I'm hoping that someone out there can help as I'm at my wits end.
Since April 9th 2004 I have been unable to access my Yahoo.com account, which also happens to be my oldest email address and the one with all my addresses etc etc from over the past 6 years.
I received a mail to my alt email address to say that my password had been changed - I HAVEN'T/DIDN'T CHANGE IT!!!!!
Went through the Yahoo recover password scenario, but it appears that my personal information has been changed as it doesn't match what information should be stored in my account. I've tried every possible option without success.
I've sent a number of emails to Yahoo customer service and also to their abuse department (as far as I'm concerned, someone could be impersonating me plus it's an abuse of my privacy) but in three months, no one has got back to me, other than sending useless auto generated 'have you got your caps lock on?' emails!
I've even sent emails to my address hoping that someone will be reading them and take pity!!
However...... Much as I let my imagination get carried away - I don't think that there's an individual involved who's trying to steal my identity..... I think that it's got something to do with the fact that I found BKD Coreflood on my PC and according to rumour - this virus has the ability to hack into Yahoo.com accounts and I'm guessing change all the personal information to defaults.
PLEASE HELP! CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET INTO MY ACCOUNT?!
Can anyone give me a customer service PHONE number for Yahoo?! Does anyone work for Yahoo?!
I'm not bothered about the virus as I've switched PCs, but I am desperated to get my email account back!
Any help and kind words appreciated.
soundbird x

I can crack yahoo and msn accounts. I only do it to friends though for a joke. It's invation of privacy. I think it's illegal.

I don't know about BKD Coreflood though. 1 virus can obtain nearly any password you have. Some viruses can be really annoying.

Oh My God! Yahoo Sorted It!!

:D Well, you can imagine how shocked I am, but Yahoo finally got it together and sorted out my problem. Granted it took them 3 months and 14 or so emails, but they eventually verified my account and I'm able to get into it again. I have no idea why the password was changed twice when it was out of my control, but it did seem as though it was virus orientated as my details had been changed to nonsense. Still don't know if any person had been using it, but none of my mails had been read and thankfully the address book was still intact. Who knows maybe some of the spam everyone receives and inadvertantly been from my address......
So there you go...... Somebody does read those Yahoo customer service mails after all...... just keep on sending them...lots of them and thet might get around to everyone elses too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom