Using bundled software

darkhart

Beta member
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question. I currently have a compaq presario 7998 and my os is win 98se. My sister bought a Dell computer for her business and with it came "microsoft office xp small business". She's not going to use it and gave it to me.
My question is this, will I be able to install this software on my compaq?
I ask this because on the disc it says "for distribution with a new pc only, for product support contact the manufacture of your pc." Well it came with a Dell and I want to use it with my Compaq as it's os insted of the win 98se I'm currently using..... :D :D :D

Technically OEM software is only allowed to be used with the computer it came with.

but who is going to know?

i dont think there are many people that actually go out and buy microsoft os packages jus because they are stupidly overpriced - personaly i just ripped my mates that he got free with his computer

With Office XP its ok. It would not work on Office 2003 - but although its not legally allowed nobody, as root said, will know.

Yeh, I wanted the suite cuz i only had word. Jsut borrowed it off my uncle SHHH.

agreed, with Lord Kalthorn...
My girlfriend bought a new laptop comp.
with it came 2 cd's .

I used one of the cd's to put roxio easy cd creator ver 6.
It worked great for me, and my win 98se....she had win xp as her OS.

but i never got any errors with it.

if i had done that i would owe microsoft much of my college fund, keep this shhh but i gave kids copies of office 2004 for like $20

i never burn music, its so cheap ass. Only software cuz ppl cant afford it. Anyone can afford a cd.

Back
Top Bottom