monitor color alignment problem

filletmignon90

Beta member
For some reason, the colors on my monitor aren't aligned, The three colors won't align, there's a control thing on the monitor which lets me adjust this alignment, but it only goes as low as 0, if i can go just a bit lower, then it'd be all right. but it won't. the screen is distorted just enough to give me eyesore looking at it for a couple of minutes. Can i find this on the internet?

You'll probably have to take the back of the monitor, the alignment adjuster is usually at the back of the tube.

DONT do this if your not confident with electronics. There usually 30,000 volts buzzing around there.

Probably best to ask a tv repair man for a price to adjust it, should do it cheap as it only takes a few mins.

filletmignon90 said:
For some reason, the colors on my monitor aren't aligned, The three colors won't align, there's a control thing on the monitor which lets me adjust this alignment, but it only goes as low as 0, if i can go just a bit lower, then it'd be all right. but it won't. the screen is distorted just enough to give me eyesore looking at it for a couple of minutes. Can i find this on the internet?
Cant find what on the internet ?
Did it ever work ok ?
How old is it ?
Is it waranteed ?
Read the manual again,do a factory reset.
Or take it back.

gibant1 said:
DONT do this if your not confident with electronics. There usually 30,000 volts buzzing around there.

QUOTE]

thats why they give you plastic tools to work on monitors...lol
sometimes there is a hole at the back of the monitor where you can insert one of the plastic monitor adjustors....looks kinda like a double ended screwdriver....but whatever you do BE CAREFUL!

LOL!! Isn't there also a chance of it exploding? I've heard taking off the back cover of your monitor and going over with a light vacuum can clear dust and improve resolution/performance of the monitor but the cathode rade tube has potential of exploding if you mess with it?

Back
Top Bottom