big virus problem

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
hey everyone.
I am at sombody's house, and they screwed up their computer with a bad virus, and we just formatted the disk last week because of a different virus problem!:rolleyes: Anyway, we have norton on here, and it pops up every few minutes, telling me it has forund a trojan horse. there are different names and places of the ones it finds. I did a virus scan, and it finds a virus, but can't delete or quarrantine it.It has changed my home page to a very weird address. and pop up ads come up constantly. (on site that don't even have popups) I don't want to reformat, because we just did that. Any suggestions?

crazyman143 said:
hey everyone.
I am at sombody's house, and they screwed up their computer with a bad virus, and we just formatted the disk last week because of a different virus problem!:rolleyes: Anyway, we have norton on here, and it pops up every few minutes, telling me it has forund a trojan horse. there are different names and places of the ones it finds. I did a virus scan, and it finds a virus, but can't delete or quarrantine it.It has changed my home page to a very weird address. and pop up ads come up constantly. (on site that don't even have popups) I don't want to reformat, because we just did that. Any suggestions?

Try downloading a program called Spybot and a program Called Ad-aware (google search for them). Get them, install them, update them and then run them. You possible could have spyware on the computer and Norton is picking it up as a trojan :)

If that dont work, post back :)

I did a scan for spyware using spybot s & d, I also used adaware, and spysweeper. spyware was found, but there is still a virus on this comp. I think I am going to have to reinstall windows. I have to get off of here now because it is constantly using my internet connection, and if it uses too much, my internet connection will be turned off by my ISP (again)
bye for now.

Use kaspersy anti - virus and goto a decent on-line virus scanner like PC-Cillin. Kaspersy has a better rate of detecting viruses and trojans than any other virus scanner.

Or just go into safe mode, and stop the viruses being loaded so you can delete them. Heh...lol

Yeah...safe mode should help. If you can't get rid of it with norton in safe mode, try sdcanning with an online scanner (Like housecall) and hopefully it'll tell you its name. When it does that, look around online for ways to remove it manually. Good luck :)

Itsme

hey everyone, I am back. I did reinstall windows. I had tried safe mode and tried to delete the files, and I tried norton, but everytime It would just come back in a new file name. I could not try any online scanners, as I said, This virus was using way too much bandwith, and I would have gotten my connection turned off. Well, fixed now anyway, would have liked to know where it is coming from, It is the second time in two weeks I have had a virus problem.

crazyman143 said:
hey everyone, I am back. I did reinstall windows. I had tried safe mode and tried to delete the files, and I tried norton, but everytime It would just come back in a new file name. I could not try any online scanners, as I said, This virus was using way too much bandwith, and I would have gotten my connection turned off. Well, fixed now anyway, would have liked to know where it is coming from, It is the second time in two weeks I have had a virus problem.
You in no way could have installed a new version of Windows without at least formating your hd.This kills everything.
Try again or ask how.

Back
Top Bottom