Computer Keeps Restarting

SonicGroove

Beta member
Okay...heres the deal. I bought my computer custom made from PC CLub about 8 months ago ( i picked out the mobo,video,Cd/DVD) and they put it all together...GOOD!

N E WAYS until a few weeks ago my computer started crashing on its own. I would be playing CS and it would crash. I would load a CD to play audio, it would crash. I would try to install programs (ie Antivirus) it would crash. Anything i do it crashes. Its not overheating because my system temp is about 98F. Could it be the motherboard or the power supply? HELP!!!!

Spec: 2.6 GHz , MSI Neo- 2 motherboard, ATI Radeon 9600 , Kingston 1024 DDR RAM 2x 512, Liteon DVD Drive, MSI DRA-8 DVD/R(W) +- burner.

Check the posts on CS.
Try another game.Is this the only problem you have. So forget CS.
Or ! ask the CS people.Did you buy this ?

its not only when i play Counter Strike. it even restarted when i was loading programs onto my comp after i re formatted. And i didnt have CS loaded on there yet

SonicGroove said:
its not only when i play Counter Strike. it even restarted when i was loading programs onto my comp after i re formatted. And i didnt have CS loaded on there yet
Theres more to it than that.Your probably expecting too much from your PC.Playing games properly means,No Firewll,No popupstopper etc.
Its time for fun and games now ,right.
Same as doing installs.Maybe you didn't do that right.

Since when has it been a good idea to disable all the (security) services before playing a game.

You should probably look into some hardware monitoring software (there are some free ones out there) it might be a thermal protection device on your CPU cutting in if it gets too hot, in this case you have have to get yuor hands dirty (dusty) and fit a better heatsink/fan to your board.

Have you checked your voltages.I have known 0.11v to be too low on a 5v power line.It does appear it might be the PSU,fan running,overheating.All worth a check

Brian

Possibly a virus? You should have a warrenty on the PC? If so I'd take it back if I was you.

To bluto = His PC is resetting you idiot, not running slowly. disabling all security is not a good idea.

it's nice that you've all learned how to spell idiot now, but it'd be even nicer if you could all stop calling each other it.

bluto asked for it we are trying to help someone out and he comes here with his flaming sarcasm its just not appropriate.

PS: Have you got latest virusscanner?

Back
Top Bottom