CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont actualy know of anywhere in the UK that you can actualy buy linux, other than the internet. Maye its lurking around on websites and not your local shop.

It's free as you well know, and so it should be.

Maybe by using Linux instead of buying Windows XP. You'll finally be able to change your, rather appropriate signature :D

What the fucks that ment to mean? Also not all distro's are free.

I think that will be enough of a debate. You should concentrate on earning a few dollars child minding or something.

Then you can get rid of that piece of junk your using and buy a decent machine and operating system.

I Threw a duron 850Mhz away a couple of months ago!

Thanks for the info guys. I am probably going to go with a Intel now. You reccommend going with a lower speed though? How low would you reccomend going? I will be runngin games like HL 2, Far Cry and Doom 3. The thing is I'm already purchasing a gig of ram and a good mobo, so I could afford the 3.4. Also any extra money wouldn't be spent on overlocking accessories, like water cooling for example, because I still need speakers and a monitor which is gonna cost me about 750$.

Re: CAN

gibant1 said:
I think that will be enough of a debate. You should concentrate on earning a few dollars child minding or something.

Then you can get rid of that piece of junk your using and buy a decent machine and operating system.

I Threw a duron 850Mhz away a couple of months ago!

A bit hard when i am 14years old, getting £20 a week. I only have £70 saved up for my new system. Come christmas we'll see who's system is better than someones *cough*

Wow Gibant very useful information. You've heard it first hand Barrett :)

Gibby has had experiences with both so I'd say his opinion would be most trusted. I myself, have not had an experience with a quick pentium (above 400mhz lol) so I cannot give such good advice :D

Gibby how much did your norwood cost?

I paid £169 for my P4 3.2Ghz Norwood ($316) at a computer fair. It was a bit cheaper than the AMD64 3.2Ghz.

For Barret it depends on your money situation. If you are likely to be able to plough more money into your system in the near future then by all means go for the higher chip.

The higher the chip, the more you can overclock it (on most occasions).

As long as you will still be able to afford the water cooling etc sometime soon.

If you wont have cash at you desposal then, by getting say a 3Ghz chip, using the cash to purchase a watercooling system. Your machine coud maybe run at 3.6Ghz or even higher.

But be warned, If you get the overclocking bug it can be VERY Costly.

If you go to the www.custompc.co.uk site and look at the overclocker there,you'll see what I mean. My machine starts to look like Camers (sorry!)

When you total all the prices, Theyre about the same hense the 'which way to go' decision, and I went BOTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom