Graphics Card Quick Question!?

XtremeMb

Beta member
I Have Just Installed A New GFX Card

My Specs Are Kinda Low But Am In Process Of Upgrading

I Was Wondering Will Just Adding A New Better GFX Card

My Old Was Geforce 2 Lol!! This One Is GForce FX 5200

Will This Stop A Game From Lagging/Jolting?

I Have Condition Zero Installed And On Singla Player It Seems To Lag Or Jolt When A Few People Are On Screen

I Have Shut Dwn Most Processes And It Doesnt Seem To Help

Will I Need Other Stuff Or Will Installing This Card Make A Noticible Difference Alone?

As It Doesnt Seem To Have Done Nething Except Allow Me More Screen Sizes

Thanx

XtremeMb said:
I Have Just Installed A New GFX Card

My Specs Are Kinda Low But Am In Process Of Upgrading

I Was Wondering Will Just Adding A New Better GFX Card

My Old Was Geforce 2 Lol!! This One Is GForce FX 5200

Will This Stop A Game From Lagging/Jolting?

I Have Condition Zero Installed And On Singla Player It Seems To Lag Or Jolt When A Few People Are On Screen

I Have Shut Dwn Most Processes And It Doesnt Seem To Help

Will I Need Other Stuff Or Will Installing This Card Make A Noticible Difference Alone?

As It Doesnt Seem To Have Done Nething Except Allow Me More Screen Sizes

Thanx

It all depends on the other specs of your computer, as having a good GFX card really wont make it any better if you have, say a 1 GHZ cpu and 32 mb of ram, and then try to play a game like C&C Generals e.t.c.

Like Computafreak says, whats your complete computer specs?

hey man dont hat on the 1 gig monster, i currently own 1, sad part is it actually runs at 997 mhz but i got 384 RAM (PC133) and 5200 lol and i play BF:V and such

Cartman00 said:
hey man dont hat on the 1 gig monster, i currently own 1, sad part is it actually runs at 997 mhz but i got 384 RAM (PC133) and 5200 lol and i play BF:V and such

I wasnt gettting at 1 GHz chips, i was just using them in my example :p

I got a GeForce MX 200 also! I have a 1.6ghz Intel processor, 80gb HD and 512 ram and last I remember I ran CZ pretty good, it's been month's since I've played it though. I also recently did a system restore, and have almost no programs installed on my computer, so that probably helps to. If you have a pretty good proccessor I think a video card update would definitely help!

Oops My Bad Lol

Other Specs Pentium 4 1.8Ghz

Was A 128 Geforce 2 Think With ANutha 128 As Overall I Had 256

All Ive Done Is Add A 128 Geforce FX 5200\

Will This Make A Big Difference Alone?

|1|

Let me get this straight... You've added 2 graphics cards..? Please be more specific, that processor should be sufficient to run CS, what RAM do you have?

XtremeMb said:
Oops My Bad Lol

Other Specs Pentium 4 1.8Ghz

Was A 128 Geforce 2 Think With ANutha 128 As Overall I Had 256

All Ive Done Is Add A 128 Geforce FX 5200\

Will This Make A Big Difference Alone?

|1|

Depending on what amount of Ram you have, the new GFX card should help a bit with lag but it wont completely get rid of it. You'll need to fully upgrade to fairly recently new parts to do that :)

Have you tried knocking the detail level down to lowest to see if that works?

Back
Top Bottom