game screen resolution

TheOmnipotent

Solid State Member
My native screen resolution is 1200 x 1024 on a 20" CRT monitor and whenever i install a new game, when i come to play it, it doesnt actually fit on the screen as it is too large (the game). I need to go into options (which isnt always displayed - so a little bit of guess work is needed)nd change the resolution to something else (usually 1024 x 768), it doesnt matter what resolution i choose but it fixes the problem. However on Syberia 2 u cannot change the resolution (as it is pre-rendered). I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix the problem entirley as there is no way to adjust the settings for Syberia 2...
thanx in advance
matt

Have you set the monitor in windows or have you used the default plugin & play?

Youll need to get the drivers for your particular monitor. This will then only let the program/graphic card use appropriate resolutions/frequencies.

Might want to try changing the monitor size when in the game. Just a thought but I had to set mine in each mode e.g. 800x600, 1024x768

I have discovered that the problem is only with the 800*600 mode. This is the lowest size i can choose and it is the only one that is too large to fit on the monitor. I need to move the mouse to the edge of the screen and the desktop moves so that it is visable. In any other size it is fine, but my main problem is that the game i wish to play can only be played in 800*600 and cannot be played in a window, so it is also too large for the screen. Oh and i dont understand what 'shreeching' is sorry.

I dont know where to get my monitor drivers from, it is a silicon graphics 20" monitor. Using Aida 32 it says it is 'Silicon Graphics GDM 20E21' - a link for a website would be great. I have tried a few websites including the manufactures but i have had no luck.
Thanx

Yes i can obvioulsy, but this doesnt solve the problem. The display doesnt fit onto the area that the monitor allows, whether i adjust it to the full size of the monitor or even half of it, i still need to scoll to see the edges...

ati radeon 9600pro, i have the 3.7 catalyst but even with the most recent (4.7) i have the same problem, the reason i still have 3.7 is because i get that stupid problem with reseting after clicking an application(but that has nothing to do with this problem i know that)

Back
Top Bottom