P4 in a notebook

Spitfire0116

Beta member
I've been hearing a lot of things about using a P4 in a notebook. i was thinkin about gettin the hp pavilion zd7000 and it uses a p4. are there any big problems with performance? because the whole point of not getting the mobile version of the p4 is because its supposed to perform better, but if it doesnt perform better than i dont see the point. also, i hear the overheating really messes up ur laptop. id just a like a lil advice cause this is my first laptop, i know plenty about desktops from tinkering aroudn with our old one, but nuthin about laptops so i could use the help. thanks.

I dont see the crime in a p4. But of course theres heat issues in laptops, there always will be. If you need the performance and ease of use, then get the laptop. ;)

I've been using a 3.06 P4 Notebook. It's pretty quick, the ATI graphics give a 3d3001se mark of about 6500, so it's not bad, infact pleasure to use.

Bad point are that it's heavy and it does throw out a lot of heat. But it does throw it out, it's running temp is fine.

Back
Top Bottom