CAN"T DECIDE - INTEL OR AMD!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett

In Runtime
Hey everyone! I am in a bit of a rut right about now. First of all, I can't decide whether to go with Intel or AMD for my new gaming computer. I know everyone says AMD is better for gaming, which I also agree with, but seeing all of these pro Intel people gets me thinking: is Intel just as capable at gaming as AMD is? What are your experiences with the two? My second question is, are Intel mobo's going to be using the new 939 interface, or this an AMD only thing? I have one more questiuon that I know is a bit off topic, but I would really appreciate your help! Do you think an ALUMINUM case (Lian-Li P60) with 2 120mm fans can cool just as effectitvely as a case (Antec PlusView AMG1000) with 4 80mm fans (I do plan on overclocking). Thank you very much for any comments or help!

- I don't get home until saturday so it may be a couple days until I can post again! I look forward to your responses.

Read the AMD vs Intel sticky post might give you some tips, I have never used a decent Intel machine myself so i wouldnt want to give you a bias opinion ;)

I love AMD's to bits. But for gaming a 3.2 p4 would be sweet. Also i have yet to see a motherboard that can take and intel and an AMD. :p

i think amd is better then intel i have a 2400+ with a clock at 2ghz and i think it runs better then it exvcept for u know the 3.0ghz and up.

AMD 64 socket is the way to go . Comparable to a Pentium 4 (beating it in some cases) and a lot cheaper. Check out the Newcastle chip for good performance vs price.

Yeh I agree, but is it only a matter of time before pentium bring out something to match/beat the 64's?

Yes, but you wanna pay double the price? I thought its already out... the Italium? no?

Amd All The Way

Think about it like this...

AMD XP2000+ =1.67Ghz
Intel P4 2Ghz =2.0Ghz

However, AMD's XP2000+ Outperformed Intel in every aspect
In the gaming Aspect AMD Surpassed the 2.0Ghz in running speeds.

It's just like a Centrino laptop is faster than a normal Desktop, better more advanced technology.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I just wanted to let everyone know about MemoryDealers.Com
goto their site if you need any DDR memory
or for that matter any PC memory
and they also sell MAC memory
for really low prices!!!

Check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom