The Conflict of Toolbars

They all do about the same.

I happen to use the Yahoo! toolbar, since I have a Yahoo! email account. It has fast buttons for my mail, etc.

My wife uses the MSN toolbar for the same reason, she uses a Hotmail account and fast buttons for a Hotmail user.

Pick you poison, they all do about the same.

yes, I have the yahoo toolbar too. very nice. but, I don't know much about hotbot. I do know that my spyware detection programs have found lots of spyware from them before, so watch out.

Personally I dont use toolbars, they seem to get in the way/slow down page loading. Unless you need it for specific features- e.g. ebay, yahoo mail, etc. I really dont see the point.

What are you looking to use it for?

The MSN Toolbar come with an actual working Popup Blocker (if you don't have SP2 its very useful) - doesn't come with Spyware (Hotbot) - and isn't scum (Hotbot and Google). Also has the MSN Search built in; can access many MSN Pages quickly - and has a highlighting tool.

I got a google one. My IE seems so bare without one! Its great at blocking pop ups and saves me goign to google alot. Also ebay tool bars good too!

I can think of so many tortures I'd prefer to have done to me than use the Ebay 'Tool'bar (with Tool in the loosest sense of the word) - one is what you would have done to the Drunken Sailor. The rest are too crude to comment on.

Back
Top Bottom