I Think I've Killed My Mobo!

CoMpUtaFrEek

Fully Optimized
Umm...

I'm not sure i remember the last thing i did to it, i think i was overclocking the cpu, then i ran 3dmark and i was with my girlfriend then my computer suddenly reset and now all the hard-drives + cd drives etc. start up but the monitor and keyboard dont turn on...

I tried a different graphics card, a different processor, ram in a different slot, and im stumped for any more ideas. I think my motherboard has a warrenty (please god) so i might head that way... I'll probably test it with a processor again, because if i start up the computer without a processor i get the same symtoms as if i have one in it (make sense?)

possibly the processor bed that messed up... ??

urgh, any input is very appriciated.

When the computer has power, the drives always power up and make a noise.

Try your other components in another machine if you can, To check theyre o.k.

clear the cmos before you retry anything.

But your hunch is probably 98% correct. Dead motherboard.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Umm...

I'm not sure i remember the last thing i did to it, i think i was overclocking the cpu, then i ran 3dmark and i was with my girlfriend then my computer suddenly reset and now all the hard-drives + cd drives etc. start up but the monitor and keyboard dont turn on...

I tried a different graphics card, a different processor, ram in a different slot, and im stumped for any more ideas. I think my motherboard has a warrenty (please god) so i might head that way... I'll probably test it with a processor again, because if i start up the computer without a processor i get the same symtoms as if i have one in it (make sense?)

possibly the processor bed that messed up... ??

urgh, any input is very appriciated.
============
You must have been playing Farcry.
============
But it's wonderfull that you can still post,how do you do this ?
:D
You gotta be kidding though,
if i start up the computer without a processor i get the same symtoms as if i have one in it
===================
(make sense)
STOP PLAYING GAMES.
:p
urgg any acceptance is very appreciated too.

(lol bluto) how do i clear cmos? ill check mobo manual... Well, its not the processor, ram, graphics, monitor thats the problem, so im pretty sure its the mobo.

Usually the jumper is located near the battery on the motherboard (like a watch battery).

If its on pins 1-2 put it on 2-3 and retry. if no change, put it back on 1-2

Or the otherway around.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Yeh i looked up clearing the cmos in the manual and it worked! Thanks alot gibant.
You said any remember,I asked remember,
if i start up the computer without a processor i get the same symtoms as if i have one in it
=========
i asked
How do you do this?
=========
That was any with info at that time.So get off reporting me.
I don't have those problems and never did.Know why ?
I read the mbd manual first and got it done.
You've got a lot to learn as i never have had to
"clear the cmos"
Want to know why ?
Beg me.
Like my approach or not,it's my reply and my opinion.OK Jose ?
:p

The reason you've never had to clear cmos is probably because you sit at home all day making stupid comments on forums? Get a life bluto, im experimenting with overclocking, its bound to go wrong at some point, im sorry if your brain has limited capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom