Asus Mobo Problem...

hmm

I'm building this for a friend, and I told my guru buddies my config, and one aid, what kept you from 2500+ Barton Instead of Thorton??? So I guess I can overclock the Barton a bit more... Cool...

Well anywaz new 2500+ arriving tomorrow.

Hey I just built myself a 64bit system. 1 gig corsair xms, 3000+ 64bit, geforce 5700LE.... also had a sata hd, which I think I damaged... First time using one, and plugged legacy AND serial power into it, then when it didn't recognize I took it out to switch the jumper and read that yur not supposed to plug both in at the same time (use one or the other)... Ordered a new one, but just from curiosity, I ordered a sata cable that has, on the end that goes to the hd, power and serial connection... sata cable that came with hd only has the serial connection (forcing me to use legacy power). My question is does the hd pull power from that one serial connection off the mobo? Also, what is recommended: to use the serial power connection or legacy power (power supply).

Thanks for the great help!

Hmmm, I would use Legacy anytime if it is possible. Don't want too much coming through the Motherboard or to stop any coming to other devices.

Is the cmos jumper set to clear? Make sure it's on normal. Other than that it could be a short on the motherboard.

Check theres plenty of room under the MB and no screws tucked under there, may sound funny but i've seen it.

gibant1 said:
Is the cmos jumper set to clear? Make sure it's on normal. Other than that it could be a short on the motherboard.

Check theres plenty of room under the MB and no screws tucked under there, may sound funny but i've seen it.
And mine are called insults.see below.
=========
Yes but this member has built "10 systems" why would he not know how to mount a mbd ?
Quote,
Yes I have only built a total of ten computers,
Bottom Line,when will decide you can't do this anymore i guess,you lost it somewhere.hee hee,laugh please,it's not that serious unless you make it that.
Maybe those lost screws gibanti1 speaks of.
:D
One more point though,if you and others prefer to go through all this grief than maybe we need a builders forum,not a consumers forum.
:) :) :D

Back
Top Bottom