Farcry making me cry

Thanks guys for your input.

I might look to upgrade my graphics card, the chipset is radeon 9000 (ATI).

I think i will wait until the patch first though ;)

to be more specific about my card... (note it is slightly overclocked)

Core speed: 277mhz

Ram speed: 263mhz

Sounds low to me :(

What you people think?

I upgraded from a Raddy 9000 to Radeon 9800 (which windows says is a 9800 pro... what gives?). The Core is 407.25 and Memory 319.50 stock cooling. My default 9800 settings were 324/290.3 I think yours are about right for that card. Have you tried Rage3D tweak? On top of having an overclocker on it u can tweak lots of settings for D3D and OpenGL games and even have custom profiles for your games.
Have you disabled AA and AF and lowered res to 800*600?
All I can say is experiment. If your other games work fine then I would wait for the patch first before deciding whether to buy a Radeon 9800 pro (cheapest I have seen is £130... u could try ebay ( I got the 9800 for £100 there)
The other option is to get the more expensive new cards from Nvidia 6800 Ultra or X800 from ATI. These are around the £300 mark.
Make sure the Radeon 9800 pro has 256-bit memory instead of 128-bit if u go that route and at least 128MB RAM on board. For the newer cards a slow PC will hold the cards back. The only other option is to wait for PCI express.
With my system UT2004 plays at about 60fps but Far Cry is a lot more demanding and I have to play with medium settings and the framerate is still about 30 fps.
This on a 2500+ Barton and 512 MB RAM.

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
Farcry keeps seizing up and being laggy, even playing it offline.

I have suspicions it may be my graphics card needing upgrading?

Can anyone shed some light on this situation, check my signature for computer specs.

Thanks,

J
Where do i get this wonderfull game ? Is it "totally free" ?
I will test it out.So you folks won't freek out.It's just a game,not your manhood.
:eek:
www.???.com

that happened to me also it was weird when i first played it, it ran fine but i played it the next day and it started to jerk and glitch like a b*itch i run everything on medium but i think it was a dodgy patch or such

It;s your card. The 9200 isn't up to it either.

Dont get anything less than a Nvidia 5600 ot ATI 9600.

If you can scrape the money together for a 5900XT or 9800 pro

Or if your numbers come up on the lottery, go for the 6800 it's breathtaking!

Back
Top Bottom