Way too much power.....

You have a metre outside your house! :p Must be an American thing.

I realise that five computers is a lot of power being used - with the Monitors and Peripherals. I don't know how it working in America; but I can have 5 Computers on in my house along with everthing that is normally on and it is fine (as long as they're not on the same extension lead :eek: :p which was funny).

Maybe you should contact your supplier about it?

No, the meters inside my house, and I guess it's a british thing since I live in britain.

Instead of having a meter read and paying a bill quarterly I have a card meter (used to be a coin meter) it's like pay-as-you-go electricity.

There is no problem with running all the computers 24/7 except for the cost involved.

When he says the meter spins he means the dials that the meter man comes and reads, unless you have a digital meter there will still be mechanical dials that turn to indicate how much power you are drawing/have drawn.

The more things that you have on the more power you draw, and hence the faster the meter rises.

What I meant was that at the exact moment I turn on the computer/s the light directly above me dims for a second and goes back to normal, it's really nothing I'm worried about...just the cost.

deepthroat said:
When all of my pc's are going at the same time(Local Area Network) when playing games, the meter(outside our house) starts to spin alot faster, also, I've noticed that when I turn all my pc's on, the lights dim.
All that mixed with my surround setup and peripherals such as monitors theres enough wattage going on to supply the entire west coast! Well, not to that extreme, but you get what I'm sayin'.

It's not causing any real PC PROBLEMS, it's just costing me an arm and a leg.

In fact, the systems that I build on demand and sell, the people that I have sold them to have NEVER complained! My systems are built with all brand new parts with a legal and legit OS.They have a personal garantee from me that if anything goes awry, I will personally make a date to come down and diagnose your system.

Knock on wood, but I have never had any problems with my systems.besides ADWARE, I hate that stuff.
Isn't this a profit and loss problem then [build on demand).
If it costs too much to do this then you decide.
As for running all those pc's , thats the price you pay i guess.
Share the costs with,

Parents Computer
Sisters computer
My windows Server
and my linux server.
Do you mean ADWARE OR AD-AWARE ?

Barrett get lost before i report you,Edit that quick. :mad:

Barrett said:
Bluto. Why do you always have to answer posts with some smart ass remark. YOU NEVER EVEN ANSWER ANYONES QUESTIONS YOU STUPID FUCK, AND WHEN YOU DO REPLY YOU RIGHT SOME BS THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. If your gonna keep being a fucking stupid ass then don't post here you stupid fuck.
That is just wrong; I don't know why I didn't see it earlier however, I recommend this:

Barrett said:
Bluto. Why do you always have to answer posts with some smart arse remark. You are fully capable of answering anyone's questions, but often when you do reply you write some BS that doesn't even make sense. When it does make sense it is often degrading to the person you are writing it to and therefore you make enemies. I would greatly appreciate if you were more polite in general.
or even:

Barrett said:
--- Editted ---
would do if the previous does not incorporate your opinions.

Point is; whatever you feel towards Bluto, as I demonstrated in showing you what your post should have been like it can be put over in a non-viscous fashion without the use of swearing.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom