Two questions, got any ideas?

Wait for the newer TFTs that are coming out with 12ms access times. These will become standard access times for gaming. The best today is 16ms.
No difference in speed in the raptors even if the 30Gs are raided they perform the same as the 70G single.
I would get a shiny 19" CRT with at least 0.25 dpi (dots per inch) Larger numbers are worse. ie 0.24 dpi is better than 0.25

Barrett said:
I was looking a an NEC that I found in Maximum PC. It recieved a 9 out of 10 and their "Kick Ass" award. I might go with that one. Do you think a 200$ Viewsonic would do just as nicely for gaming.
NEC is a very good choice.I have there last TV,2000 fantastic for CRT anyway.I'm still studying the benefits of newer stuff.
I havn't read Max PC mag for a while,but last time i did they described the "Ultimate PC" If your pocket has no limits.
I spent about $ 1500 CDN
Will $ 5000 be 3+ times better ? I'm happy and doing what i wanted to do.
:D

I'm lost with what Bluto was talking about; but CJ has a very good point. You could wait until the new TFTs come out - or get the highest dots per inch on a CRT you can find and afford.

Not sure what he was talking about with Dots per Inch though - 0.25 dots per inch would give you a pixel every 4 inches! :p

Ok dpi refers to the size of the gap between 2 pixels.
0.25 is smaller than 0.28 therefore you will see a better picture with less black dots between pixels.

I think dpi stands for dot pitch not dots per inch as I stated earlier.
Sorry bout that.

The dot pitch rating of a monitor tells you just how sharp the displayed image will be. Dot pitch is measured in millimeters (mm), and a smaller number means a sharper image.

0.21 Horizontal dot pitches are not uncommon but anything less than 0.26 (diagonal?) will deliver crisp sharp images even at high resolutions.

0.25 dpi = approx 10,000 pixels per inch (squared)
0.28 dpi = approx 7,656 pixels per inch (squared)

No TFTs are LCDs basically. They will be around about the £300 mark for 17inchers I reckon.
19" CRTs can be had for much cheaper.
I would only get an LCD/TFT screen if space on my desktop was an issue.

Barrett said:
What? No offense but what do you mean?
Just that Max PC is a good mag and often outlines the Max PC.
"a kick ass award total system"
monitor included.
and the other components they used
where,Money is no problem or concern.Will this mean everything you'd have is 3 times better that mine.:)
Quote :
Originally Posted by Barrett
I was looking a an NEC that I found in Maximum PC. It recieved a 9 out of 10 and their "Kick Ass" award. I might go with that one. Do you think a 200$ Viewsonic would do just as nicely for gaming.
More information than you needed i guess.But you asked.
;)

Back
Top Bottom