Troubleshooting Experts Only!

aphia

Beta member
Of all the steps you take when conducting basic troubleshooting of a technological problem, what is the most important step?(Why?)

Quantifying and Isolating the problem...

Quantifying means asking questions about the exact nature of the problem, (what were u doing at the time of the fault? When did u notice the problem? etc)

Isolating the problem ensures that u know what is causing the problem which can then be fixed by yourself or a more technically proficient person and with the right equipment.

It is the basis to which fixing the problem relies on.

(This is my own opinion)

aphia said:
Of all the steps you take when conducting basic troubleshooting of a technological problem, what is the most important step?(Why?)
Planting it in your brain,Going to bed and,sometimes it works.
Otherwise try to recall what you did before you had too.
Or use Restore.
As usuall though.no Windows version,the first item to include when
"seeking troubleshooting" Right or wrong ?
:confused: :D

When you say technological problem are you talking about computers?

Yeah; erm. For me it involves a cup of tea and some time ranging from 10 minutes to days. It always works though.

But if you mean in the general troubleshooting; then it is in working out what the problem is. Then working out what the problem is making the problem for; with that you can easily find the source of the problem. Once finding the problem; I prefer to look at it over a cup of tea, sit and think, take the problem out and look at it (if its hardware) - then you will generally work out how to fix it.

Is this for some sort of project.

I'm in the second to last class for my MLS degree. This class deals with library automation and systems analysis.

Ah; well that would answer it.

I'm sure we're all happy to help with answering your troubleshooting-based questions. We do it all the time.

So this is based on a computer based troubleshooting database like Windows Help?

Back
Top Bottom