Two questions, got any ideas?

Barrett

In Runtime
My first question is, does anyone know of any 17'' flat screen monitor that is good for gaming, meaning it doesn't ghost and can reproduce colors fairly well? Should I just go with a CRT if I plan on increasing the resolution? My last quick question is: Is there any difference between two 74k WD Raptor HD's and 2 36k WD HD's other than storage capacity? Thanks for any help!

They are brighter for Gameplay; which is handy. But they are big too. A TFT which is bright for gaming would have to be a Plasma or High-Res LCD Television-style Monitor; but they're expensive. Very expensive.

Problem is for people, like myself who like large Resolutions (1280x1024) TFTs at 19" and up; often from 17" and up are of dreadful expense.

If I plan on going with higher resolutions for gaming, I should go with a CRT shouldn't I? i've heard LCD's don;t do good on anythign but theier native resolutions.

Spare no expence for a monitor,i recommend Sony or NEC or LG
Just buy the most expensive,its bound to be good.
I'm happy with my LG 700B.
But the video card and vram [memory] play a bigger role in this.

:D

I was looking a an NEC that I found in Maximum PC. It recieved a 9 out of 10 and their "Kick Ass" award. I might go with that one. Do you think a 200$ Viewsonic would do just as nicely for gaming.

Yeah, it would be.

Bluto has a point; if theres one peripheral you want to get right and spare no expensive on its a Monitor. If you have a crap monitor doens't matter how good a mouse, keyboard or computer you have - its not going to seem good.

Ok. I'm going with a CRT, mainly because I will be gaming and constantly changing my resolution. Do you think I will reep the benefits of a more expensive CRT vs. an average priced one?

In a monitor, you will always reap the benifits - be it TFT or CRT - of buying a more expensive one. Just go as high as your budget will allow; and try and get one on an offer or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom