Stupid computer(s)

Fergy

BSOD
Well,
I'm thinking about returning my Dell. Been having too many problems with it and only had it for about 1 1/2 months or so I'd guess, maybe 2. :mad:

anyway, I re-installed everything, using the Windows CD (that was a pain in itself, HP/Compaqs are much easier!), and I'm still having problems.

it keeps not working w/ the internet (we have cable), and when I go to "Run" and try "ipconfig" the msdospromt window appears for about 2 seconds, then vanishes. Also, AIM won't connect, and my network connects show I'm fine. I'm hurrying to type this post, 'cause I probably won't be able to surf the net in a few seconds (only can when I frst start up my computer!)

what do you think? :(

Linux is free. As for the Call of Duty part, I've heard it works well with WINE. Which is also free. I've tried running UT2004, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2 and RTCW and all of them work perfectly. After all, the latest NVIDIA Linux driver has support for the 6800 now.

OK, the reason IPCONFIG runs for a second or two ad then shuts down is becuse you are only running that executable, and it shuts down once it's done, (unfortunatly this is too quick for you (or me) to read).

What you need to do is type CMD in the run box.
once you have a command prompt you can type ipconfig, and the results will stay on the screen long enough for you to see them.

oh, thankyou! I just got the stuff backwords, hadn't used it in a while (became a professional at it when dealing w/ the "English" speaking Indian people from Linksys :( )

Are you running AOL with AIM or just using AIM? Cause AOL could be the problem :D

Beyond that; I recommend stay with Windows - and Dell. It is the internet which is playing up not the Computer.

Who is your provider? You're using a 3rd Party Broadband Modem?

Back
Top Bottom