Start button no worky

CJ1

In Runtime
Hi,
My Windows XP start menu no longer works properly. It refuses to work when I r-click and select explore and I cannot access the control panel within it.

Any help appreciated,

CJ

Right click the taskbar,assumeing you can and select propertys,advanced.
Check if these options are suitable,or need changeing.

Hi just an update here,

I didn't need to re-install Windoze after all...

What I did was untick the launch folder windows in a separate process ( off by default). This is in folder options. I had heard that this improves windows stability but don't know why it started to cause these problems after a month of having it ticked. Possibly lack of Hard Drive space may have caused it.

Anyway, problem solved.

I hate to be all Bluto on you. But arnt you just sick of every solution being reinstall windows. I soo wish i could happily switch fully to mandrake/fedora but i need my compatablity.

camers said:
I hate to be all Bluto on you. But arnt you just sick of every solution being reinstall windows. I soo wish i could happily switch fully to mandrake/fedora but i need my compatablity.
Don't be a fool man! *Slaps Camers with a Wet Kipper* You don't know what you're saying! :rolleyes:

However, on a more serious note; he got it fixed without that. And - most Reinstall Windows answers are self inflicted; as this one would have been had he not realised what he had done wrong. I ticked the wrong button, I heard this, I wanted this, I deleted this - just a selection of the excuses of people who then have to reinstall Windows. The same can happen on Linux - its far easier for most people in fact - and then we'd be saying reinstall Linux instead.

When was the last time you had a Reinstall Problem with Windows to which the only possible answer was Reinstall? :p

About......3months ago. But that was due to hardware problems. I put feet underneath the the processor area on the motherboard, lol. Make sure u only put mobo feet where needed lol. It totaly mucked up everything

camers said:
It is a bad sollution to start off with.
I try very hard to not have to do this.
A short while ago this eve i gave my son a kick [you know where]when he continues to do this as an easy fix and not learn how to avoid this.
He blames his 3 kids.I disagreed and said so.So lets get on with the show.

Back
Top Bottom