just about done wit my comp but need help

maverickiv

Baseband Member
i got the wiring all done in my computer and i have all the hardware such as floppy hard and cdrom. i have all cards as well. now when i load it up if i go into bios it wont recognize my cdrom but i KNOW i have it hooked up right. also when i start it up it gets to checking nvram and then when finished it goes to wait...then displays my hard drive... pri slave: 17.07w17 wdc wd800bb-00caa1. then it stops. thats as far as the load up goes. however it doesn't freeze as i can simply press ctrl alt delete and it will restart the computer. anyone know what the problem might be? if so PLEASE help me. it will mean the world if i can get this computer finished already!

Thanks

Hmmm; how long have you waited for it to come up? I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't. If it doesn't recognise your CD then I suppose you haven't installed Windows; therefore it doesn't have an OS and that would kind of answer why it doesn't load beyond finding the Harddrive.

Could you try another CD Drive?

i've let it run over night. windows is installed to the hard drive. i have tried 2 different cd-rom drives. the floppy is now non-accessible. it's just not working. however i know that i have everything inserted and loaded correctly.

Have you got :-

The CD-Rom set as slave (Hard drive should be master).
Or on a seperate cable.

The lead is in the right way (red line points at the power connector of the cd-rom)

Other end of the cable, the red point to pin 1 (check manual)

The cd-rom some times Doesn't appear in some bios's so check in windows.

If still no joy, delete the ide controller in windows.

When you re-boot it should re-discover the controller and set it up.

one more re-boot and it should discover your cd-rom.

..... you did have power in the CD-rom i hope.

Back
Top Bottom