Fear on my Forum :(

Pugger

Beta member
Hey people... Im new...

Need a Big Favor....

Is it possible to release a Virus onto a forum??

We have been having trouble with a member. (Member Name = What)

At the moment he is just being gay and lowering everyones rep point system (its a mod we put on, which we have banned him from using and he knows it.), but as of yesterday he said that in such and such hours he's going to launch a 'Slap Attack' On everyone...
Does anyone know whats he's on about or is he more than likley being Immature?

Now we have heard from other forums that if we ban this member he will come back under a new IP address and cause even worse havoc. :(

We can't win!!

Heres a link to what he said....
http://www.just-cars.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1173&st=45

Please help me

Cheers People!

Pugger
JustCars Admin

No it is not possible to release a virus onto a forum. My advice would be to ban his IP, email and disable his user account. If he comes back with a different IP, just ban that and ban the whole block if needs be.

David Lindon said:
No it is not possible to release a virus onto a forum. My advice would be to ban his IP, email and disable his user account. If he comes back with a different IP, just ban that and ban the whole block if needs be.

Cheers mate,

What do you mean by ban the whole block??

Cheers again mate :)

On a forum you can ban a whole range of IP addys. Just ban whatever range he is in. There is an option to do this in most forums. It usually says something like:
Ban one or more IP addresses or hostnames

IP addresses or hostnames:
To specify several different IP addresses or hostnames separate them with commas. To specify a range of IP addresses, separate the start and end with a hyphen (-); to specify a wildcard, use an asterisk (*).
**text box here**
You would be doing the thing with a hyphen :).

Itsme

Cheers...

Helped me alot... Now its time to get rid of the infestation... :)

Cheers again :)

Back
Top Bottom