can't see desktop

badboyben03

Beta member
after i restarted my computer, i can't see my desktop.

After I log in, all I see is my desktop image and thats it. Don't see any icons or my task bar. I'm only able to open things (such as this IE window) by ctr+alt+del to get the task manager to start a new task.

How can i get things normal again as in my desktop icons shows up? thanks

badboyben03 said:
after i restarted my computer, i can't see my desktop.

After I log in, all I see is my desktop image and thats it. Don't see any icons or my task bar. I'm only able to open things (such as this IE window) by ctr+alt+del to get the task manager to start a new task.

How can i get things normal again as in my desktop icons shows up? thanks
First , After i log in ? is this a Network Computer ? or a home user?
Right click the desktop and select "show icons"
Spend some time "customiseing my desktop"

:)

You can get up Task Manager?

Go to Task Manager, File, Run and type Explorer.

Then Explorer (if its still there, as it being deleted is a possibility) will load up and everything will come up with it. If it doesn't, then it has been deleted, and you will have to reinstall Windows.

Lord Kalthorn said:
You can get up Task Manager?

Go to Task Manager, File, Run and type Explorer.

Then Explorer (if its still there, as it being deleted is a possibility) will load up and everything will come up with it. If it doesn't, then it has been deleted, and you will have to reinstall Windows.
TASKMAN.EXE,
Thats not my results.I don't really think this addresses the ?
This doesn't happen either,ctrl,alt,del only "ends" tasks,or shuts down.
:confused:
Quote:
I'm only able to open things (such as this IE window) by ctr+alt+del to get the task manager to start a new task.

bluto said:
TASKMAN.EXE,
Thats not my results.I don't really think this addresses the ?
This doesn't happen either,ctrl,alt,del only "ends" tasks,or shuts down.
Quote:
I'm only able to open things (such as this IE window) by ctr+alt+del to get the task manager to start a new task.

What about Task Manager? What Results? Task Manager - on Windows XP at least; can open new tasks. He's already said that he does open programs through this aparently non-Millenium Edition Ability. I did say, Open Explorer through that ability and if it opens - then maybe its been editted not to open on Startup (put msconfig in the Run Prompt, go to Startup, then check to see if Explorer is openning).

If it doesn't open up, or says it doesn't exist - you'll have to reinstall Windows.

Ok,i think it's time badboyben03 dropped by again and as usual didn't include Windows version.It could be 3.x for all we know.That was a diffferent era for Taskmgr.
:rolleyes:
If it's XP then you take over sonny boy.
:D

Lol; well I guessed its XP because - anybody with any sense has it - and only on XP can you open Tasks from the Task Manager which he said he was able to do.

But yes; would be handy for him to come back.

Back
Top Bottom