Programming an OS

You can license software so that it can be open source, yet you are allowed to sell it, but rights are not transferable...

The law will be on your side here...

The only problem will be.
Finding people selling your OS for discount,
getting the law to act (adequatly) on your behalf once you'ce found the software pirates.

Denthúl said:
Well, I guess I'll add that to the list! :D

It's progressed a bit further, he wants it to be open source but he wants to sell it too.

If he sells it with the source code, one person will buy it and then sell it at about ten times less but he won't believe that there are people who'll do this!
It'll have to be Open Source while you build it; so wait until you've finished it to discuss it with him.

Oh, I'd like to see you discuss anything with him, always thinks he's right and when he's not, he has a mood and won't speak to you for a month.

Sad, sad individual he is.

Do you need him to do it? Could you not do it yourself; duck out of it and then he'll build his own and you can build your own. You may even be able to make it better through taking his ideas and then trying to beat them.

Lol.

I'm starting to like designing websites - quite satisfying isn't it? To see something that you have done that so many will see? It is fun for something so mentally draining.

Just wondering, but what have you written your Kernal in?

if that guy doesn't let you see the source code and he won't listen to your opinions, then what are you doing in that project?

if that guy doesn't let you see the source code and he won't listen to your opinions, then what are you doing in that project?

No; he does let him see the Source because he is doing the project with him - what Denthul isn't so interested in is making it Open-Source and Selling it at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom