internet explorer

aliwab

Beta member
when im on the internet, i.e(internet explorer) does not respond when i click on hyper text or on a link. Ive tried reinstalling it never finishes reinstalling because windows comes up with a message saying '' the software you are installing has not passed windows... and will not be installed''. Please help.

aliwab said:
when im on the internet, i.e(internet explorer) does not respond when i click on hyper text or on a link. Ive tried reinstalling it never finishes reinstalling because windows comes up with a message saying '' the software you are installing has not passed windows... and will not be installed''. Please help.
Over to you,You can't reinstall Intenet Explorer,just a whole new
fdisk,format,install Windows and all it includes.Go from there and stop messing with it.
:p

aliwab said:
You're doing this from the Application Manager on the Windows Files Tab?

How did you get here?

I don't like saying it; but until SP2 is out - download this stupid piece of junk.

When SP2 is out, install it and Internet Explorer will certainly work.

bluto said:
Over to you,You can't reinstall Intenet Explorer,just a whole new
fdisk,format,install Windows and all it includes.Go from there and stop messing with it.
:p
What makes you think that? I know that the explorer is tightly integrated inot the OS, but it can be re-installed (as the guy says he has re-installed it!)

click here You'll find the top download in microsofts internet download area is in fact Internet explorer 6 (with SP1)...

And if you go to windows update without IE6 you will be prompted to install IE6...

There thats two ways how you can install and re-install IE6 without having to Fdisk format and start again...

And on the subject...

All Fdisk does is set the partition table, it is not necessary to run Fdisk each and every time you format a machine, only if you want to chage partition sizes!

Did he not have Internet Explorer 6 SP1? Always have Internet Explorer 6 SP1 anybody who's reading this! Before you even try to go to what I just said to go to if you're in dreadful circumstances.

Sometimes these questions make me confuzzled when I have too much coffee in the morning.

root said:
What makes you think that? I know that the explorer is tightly integrated inot the OS, but it can be re-installed (as the guy says he has re-installed it!)

click here You'll find the top download in microsofts internet download area is in fact Internet explorer 6 (with SP1)...

And if you go to windows update without IE6 you will be prompted to install IE6...

There thats two ways how you can install and re-install IE6 without having to Fdisk format and start again...

And on the subject...

All Fdisk does is set the partition table, it is not necessary to run Fdisk each and every time you format a machine, only if you want to chage partition sizes!
Well first off i tried 6 and was lucky to go back to 5.5.XP users can't do this.
In the meantime will aliwaba drop by again Will he tell us what IEX ver he's talking about ?It is necessary to use fdisk
to clean your mbd's Total memory under 1 MB of 640 k.
for a "clean install"not a refresh.
At a Dos prompt type :
mem /c/p
:D

Back
Top Bottom