480 Ram

HaloMaster20041

In Runtime
Hey everyone
i was chekin my systems specs and they(the people who built my computer) said my computer had 512 RAM
but it says in my system that it has only 480...someone told it was because of my crappy 32 bit video card... please help anyway you can!
I know I Know..your gonna ask why i havent installed my ati radeon... still no paycheck. I don't know how to intall it...

that happened with my old computer once.. someone told me that it's because sometimes u werent given the exact amount (which mine was) or its cached somewhere. like in another local ddisk.... i dunno. thats what i heard.. but u know. someone will correct me if im wrong.

HaloMaster2004 said:
Hey everyone
i was chekin my systems specs and they(the people who built my computer) said my computer had 512 RAM
but it says in my system that it has only 480...someone told it was because of my crappy 32 bit video card... please help anyway you can!
I know I Know..your gonna ask why i havent installed my ati radeon... still no paycheck. I don't know how to intall it...
System ram has nothing to do with any video card or no video card.
Any 32 bit video isn't crap,i started with 16 colors. :D
If this is warranted why not ask them ?
(the people who built my computer)

Where do you do this check ?

its not because of ur video card for sure i ran 128 mb of RAM with my geforce 2 32mb and it never changed RAM reading even when I upgraded to 384 RAM ( 128 + 256 )
Can your mobo handle the grade of RAM you got, PC 3200 should be what you have. That might be the problem although im not to sure

Cartman00 said:
its not because of ur video card for sure i ran 128 mb of RAM with my geforce 2 32mb and it never changed RAM reading even when I upgraded to 384 RAM ( 128 + 256 )
Can your mobo handle the grade of RAM you got, PC 3200 should be what you have. That might be the problem although im not to sure
Good answer,now who is this so called installer that was "paid" to do this

(the people who built my computer) said my computer had 512 RAM

right,right.
:p

I already did, they said that when they intall the video card the memory will have less load and will run better and changing to 512... just saying what they said ti me

Say they're stupid and tell them to give you 512. If not, I'm sure Trading Standards would be interested in it - you could tell them that idea too if you want to! :D

Basically, Video Card Memory is good but can't be used in place of RAM - doesn't make the RAM any faster or have less load; just gives better graphics.

Back
Top Bottom