Hard Drive Clearing

johnsonb125

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I just got a new laptop and am giving my old computer to my Dad. I have some things on this hard drive I would rather not let him discover that even I don't know about and might not exist but don't want to take any chances. I need to know how to reformat it (aka delete the entire thing and start from scratch not sure if reformat was the right term). Anywho I know there are some programs that cost money and I was wondering if anyone knew of any that were free or not (willing to pay for it if good). If anyone knows anything please let me know.

If you have the windows disk. Just pop it in and reinstall it.

johnsonb125 said:
Hey everyone, I just got a new laptop and am giving my old computer to my Dad. I have some things on this hard drive I would rather not let him discover that even I don't know about and might not exist but don't want to take any chances. I need to know how to reformat it (aka delete the entire thing and start from scratch not sure if reformat was the right term). Anywho I know there are some programs that cost money and I was wondering if anyone knew of any that were free or not (willing to pay for it if good). If anyone knows anything please let me know.
Now wait a minute,do you mean to say you don't know how to delete files on your hard drive ?
Thats hard to explain this way,but my god this is basic stuff.
So take out your hd and tell him to get his own.
:p

johnsonb125 said:
Yeah, to delete the entire thing then just put in the Windows CD and Reinstall. That'll format the Hard Drive.

But Bluto has a point; just delete the files you don't want him seeing, create a new User and delete your old one, and then check through for a short period to see.

I dread to think what you're trying to hide if you need to format it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom