1 week?? too long..??

killerdoberman said:
1 week, no problem. 1 month no problem. 100 years no problem.

I have left my computer on for 10 months and 2 years prior to that. I moved about 10 months ago so I had to shut it off. I reboot when I update windows and virus software, but I still leave the power on.

My everyday computer I turn off just mostly because of the noise level by the fans.

My other computer acts as my file and web server, so I have a special room for it. Noise not a factor on that one.

holy crap. thats a long time!

yes, that is quite a long time:eek: but it is true, the longer you run a computer, the faster it is likely to wear out. Like a car with a full tank of gas, the longer you drive it, the sooner the tank will get empty again.

crazyman143 said:
yes, that is quite a long time:eek: but it is true, the longer you run a computer, the faster it is likely to wear out. Like a car with a full tank of gas, the longer you drive it, the sooner the tank will get empty again.
Attention math wizards,
:eek:
Acording to the above then,will the wear out time exceed the upgrade time.
:p
I know i'll need gas first i hope.1 tank for a new car sucks big time.

bluto said:
Attention math wizards,
!!:eek:
Acording to the above then,will the wear out time exceed the upgrade time.
:p
I know i'll need gas first i hope.1 tank for a new car sucks big time.
It exceeding the upgrade time, would depend on how often you upgrade. some do not upgrade very often, in that case, it may not.
Also, the longer you have your computer running, the more wear you put on a lot of your computer hardware, including hardware you are not planning to upgrade anytime soon.

crazyman143 said:
It exceeding the upgrade time, would depend on how often you upgrade. some do not upgrade very often, in that case, it may not.
Also, the longer you have your computer running, the more wear you put on a lot of your computer hardware, including hardware you are not planning to upgrade anytime soon.
If thats your opinion ok,but what other stats are available on this ?
Maybe i should only use my stove 3 times a week and flush my toily once a week or so.Hee Hee.
:D

bluto said:
If thats your opinion ok,but what other stats are available on this ?
Maybe i should only use my stove 3 times a week and flush my toily once a week or so.Hee Hee.
:D
haha, you're gonna have to buy a new toilet soon, better only flush once a month.:p not really, just joking.

Kaylie said:
I was just wondering if there is like a hazard for leaving your computer on. SO far i havent turned it off for about 1 week. ive given it like a couple hours now and then to hibernate. but will my computer like overheat or something. by the way i have a sony vaio.
Final reply :
NO if you have figured out how to use it and stay cool.
So whats the big deal ?

I always shut down my computer at the end of the day. I turn it on in the morning and pretty much stays on until I sleep. I've been doing this pattern over a year now and have no problems at all. Hasn't overheated yet. Just dusty.

yah overheating shouldn't be a problem. I do about the same except I hibernate the comp most of the time

Back
Top Bottom