Doom 3

Who knows what will be cutting edge when this game is released?

Hahahaha!!!

Don't worry about it until it is finally released. Remember the release date was, key word WAS, Halloween of 2003. They are almost 1 year late. Then it was Thanksgiving 2003. Then it was Christmas 2003. Then it was January 20, 2004. Then it was February 4th then the 25th os that same month. Then it was April 6th. Then it it was May 18 and then the 25th. Then it was June 8th and the 15th. Now the date is set for July 15th...but hold on the brand BRAND new date is now August 3, 2004.

Let's face it...it is going to be released the same day as Half-Life 2. So whenever Value stops crying over the stolen code and get down to making the freakin' game we will have both to play with. We can just hope for sometime this year.

But if it was to be released today, then you are gonna need something very VERY powerful to get the full effect. 3.4GHz+, 1GB of memory, ATI X800, I would even look into something with PCI express.

This engine is suppose to blow away the CRYEngine and I have yet to see a system to run FarCry at max settings with 4xAA and 4x ANISO. Maybe an Alienware machine can do the job, but that's only $3000-4000 grand.

I personally think that is a conspiracy to force us players to invest so much money to make a mega computer. I welcome technological advances with open arms, I just think they should be more considerate with the less wealthy people and keep in mind that some of us have lifes and we have other necesities for ourself... think about that mate

Steven7420 said:
Does anyone know what the best graphics card is to play that game?
Yeah, Computer Specs would be helpful.

But for this game, which hasn't yet come out, nVidia XFX 6800 Ultra will do it just nicely.

Your Gforce Fx should run it well. and if its a Nvidia produced game (It has The nvidia logo on the case) it would run perfectly but if not you MIGHT need a crack i heard about which helps Nvidia cards play games that aren't Nvidia produced but it would be very doubtful your card is a good one

RAFDOG said:
Your Gforce Fx should run it well. and if its a Nvidia produced game (It has The nvidia logo on the case) it would run perfectly but if not you MIGHT need a crack i heard about which helps Nvidia cards play games that aren't Nvidia produced but it would be very doubtful your card is a good one
We haven't even seen his Specs yet? :D

6800 for sure , it is a lush card , I brought mine for that very same reasion half life 2 and doom 3 full settings ( dont buy X800 waste of money ) lol .

Back
Top Bottom