how to overclock a amd athlon xp 2000+

HaloMaster2004 said:
why don't you like it? there IS a risk you cam harm your computer, but as long as you take the necessary precautions, then you really don't have to worry about it..I'm not really overclocking to show off. I just need the preformance I need until I can buy better hardware next week...that is all.

hope you understand what im goin trough, My money is exact for my needs. I have to pay for my studies and I have to pay for almost everything except the house cuz im living with my dad...and he is going to let me go when i turn 18 next may. so there you have it! Im on my own. that's real life for ya.
I realise that; people who do it to show off are even worse.

My point is; overclocking will lower the life of a Processor or anything else; and although it will speed up the computer it could just break in a day, an hour, a year, or a hundred years. Anything wrong with that thing at the beginning will make the continued success of the item even less likely. Then, these people who know nothing about computers, will likely send it back and blame the manurfacturer. And then that company has to pay for the ideocy of that person.

I realise its cheaper; it just doesn't seem, to me, the right thing to do for some reason - I have no idea why.

i totally respect your opinion, and i understand what are you trying to do...that people are messing with hardware they dont even know and then blaming the manufacturer for something they didnt do.. :)

Back
Top Bottom