Raising the notch....

Asus Mobo's with AI Overclocking are so so so sooooo much easier to use then the traditional method. Halo, if you really want a good overclocking system and have around $90 i suggest buyinga Asus mobo w/ AI Overclocking.
I have seen and I belive ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ASUS!

Take a couple more safety precautions and feel around your components, if everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is cool(not overheating)It's up to you to take the next step, if you think everything is O.K. and your system will handle it, go for it!

ONE THING YOU HAVE TO MAKE DAMN SURE NOT TO OVER HEAT IS YOUR CHIPSET, THE ONE WITH THE HEATSINK ON IT RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR AGP SLOT BELOW THE PROCESSOR.

Make sure it is not too hot before proceeding...

Please be carefull, and have fun overclocking!

GOOD LUCK. :)

HaloMaster2004 said:
what? is there a problem? what's with the thumb down...
I don't subscribe to overclocking.
So have fun as i can't add much except give it up.It's always a problem not a cure,right ?
:rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry bluto, AMD Athlons are designed for overclocking.
What I've learned about AMD is that they give the model cpu a speed and a model number, the model number is what a pro over clocker can probably get it up to, given proper cooling and know-how.

I swear this logic is true, my friend has a Zalman Reserator watercooling system hooked up to his 2400+ and he was able to get it up to 2.5 GHz at 115 degrees F.That thing screams with speed!

I decided NOT to take it to the next level since im going to upgrade my pc soon, So Im letting it at 1.90 Ghz. I WILL buy some stealth fans for the CPU. I will Probably go with the amd athlon xp 2600+. is that ok?

Back
Top Bottom