mac of pc?

Itsme said:
I think I have to agree with you here :). The cheaper the better (well, usually ;))

Itsme
I doubt that you could find more than a score of items cheaper but better than something more expensive.

that is true, but we werre only talkingabout Linux here :) (Or at least I though so... ;))

Itsme

Maybe there's a reason its free? Would people pay £80 for it like they do for Windows? Maybe Free is the point where they make the most profit they can make?

Actually some distros do cost something. I bet that if Microsoft didn't have a monopoly, then not only Linux, but also other OS's would cost money and would actually be bought.

And so that you know, I don't have anything against Windows - heck, I'm using it right now. I'm just saying that Linux is good as well, and it's free. Maybe not quite as user friendly, but once you learn it it can be just as good.

Itsme

Itsme said:
Actually some distros do cost something. I bet that if Microsoft didn't have a monopoly, then not only Linux, but also other OS's would cost money and would actually be bought.

And so that you know, I don't have anything against Windows - heck, I'm using it right now. I'm just saying that Linux is good as well, and it's free. Maybe not quite as user friendly, but once you learn it it can be just as good.

Itsme
Yeah, I have to agree with that - somewhat of an aquired taste.

And, Microsoft don't have a Monopoly (yet) and if they do it without buying anybody out, or through means by which the Monopoly Commission cannot stop - like the Liquidisation of Macintosh or the general giving up of the Linux Community - then there is no way they can stop Microsoft.

Lord Kalthorn - Just wanted to bring to your attention - hackers have found a serious flaw in Microsoft's Internet Explorer, even though Microsoft released an update for it in April. The majority of internet security experts are recommending users to switch to some non-Microsoft internet browser, such as Mozilla Firefox.

Yeah right. That's kind of crap... Mozilla is a far better designed browser than the official worst browser in the world, IE.

Back
Top Bottom