Serious Computer Problem

Person15

Solid State Member
Ok i have a dell inspiron 8200 running windows xp and one day everytime i tried to press ctrl + alt + delete it would close the window instantly. I then noticed it did the same thing with the disk defragmenter and device manager. My antivirus wasnt working correctly and i figured it was a virus so i uninstalled the antivirus (norton antivirus 2002) and upon attempting to reinstall it it would close the window everytime i tried to install it again. I don't know what to do and anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

Person15 said:
Ok i have a dell inspiron 8200 running windows xp and one day everytime i tried to press ctrl + alt + delete it would close the window instantly. I then noticed it did the same thing with the disk defragmenter and device manager. My antivirus wasnt working correctly and i figured it was a virus so i uninstalled the antivirus (norton antivirus 2002) and upon attempting to reinstall it it would close the window everytime i tried to install it again. I don't know what to do and anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Is pressing ctrl alt del a hobby of yours ? Let things do their thing.
Whats the point ?
:confused:

No what i mean is everytime i try to open up the task manager, device manager, disk defrag, or most spyware or virus removal programs something will close them the second they are opened. Im not sure as to what is causing this.

Gary: I ran the microscan and got rid of everything that it found as well as using several other spyware and antivirus removal programs i found and got rid of alot of crap that was on my computer but it still has the original problem of closing things. I then tried running it in safe mode where it didnt close the task manager, install window, or anything else but something came up saying i had to come out of safe mode to install the antivirus. This is really confusing me.

If you can't install the anitviral program in safe mode try it again in regular mode.
you got a tough one-try start-then run-type into the window which opens msconfig-then <enter>
you will see a tab which says start-click it. in the window are processes on boot which may be causeing your trouble. You will have to end the processes which seem unrelated to windows one at a time and try to find the trouble. If you still can't stop it you might have to format your drive and start over.

Ok tried msconfig and it wont open that either. Everything works fine in safe mode i just cant figure out whats doing this. I tried hijackthis and many other things and its still messed up. I really dont want to format the drive to due the fact that i have so much to back up but if nothing works that will be my last resort.

Ok il format the entire thing if you can tell me how to do it in the simplest way possible using the windows xp cdsince certain windows wont open.

Person15 said:
No what i mean is everytime i try to open up the task manager, device manager, disk defrag, or most spyware or virus removal programs something will close them the second they are opened. Im not sure as to what is causing this.
=========
but you did say,
everytime i tried to press ctrl + alt + delete
it would close the window instantly.
==========
What does tried to mean,either you press the keys or you don't.You don't need permission.
:p
Go here
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Then here
pcpitstop.com
Then learn basic computer use.
:)
best i can do.

Back
Top Bottom