My internet is messed up

Specter

Beta member
Hi, I have Comcast Hi-Speed Internet. My internet does not work when I normally restart or turn on my computer. The only way I can get it to work is by using these steps:
1.Go to Control Panel
2.Go to Network
3.Remove the Allied Telesyn AT-2400 PCI Ethernet Adapter (removing that also removes the Client for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP)
4.Restart computer
5. After the computer turns on again, a message box comes out saying:
To finish setting up your new hardware, you must restart your computer.
Do you want to restart ur computer now? I have to click no for the internet to work.
This procedure is really a pain. Does anyone know how I can fix this please?

Specter said:
Hi, I have Comcast Hi-Speed Internet. My internet does not work when I normally restart or turn on my computer. The only way I can get it to work is by using these steps:
1.Go to Control Panel
2.Go to Network
3.Remove the Allied Telesyn AT-2400 PCI Ethernet Adapter (removing that also removes the Client for Microsoft Networks and TCP/IP)
4.Restart computer
5. After the computer turns on again, a message box comes out saying:
To finish setting up your new hardware, you must restart your computer.
Do you want to restart ur computer now? I have to click no for the internet to work.
This procedure is really a pain. Does anyone know how I can fix this please?
Your online right,so whats the problem,call you ISP tech support.
This isn't a PC problem,just you and so and so,
1-800-***-***

I'm online only after doing all that. I want to find out what's wrong with my computer. It doesn't connect to the internet if I restart normally. By the way, I have a Windows ME.

The best i can do at this point is say you messed up with all these settings.
Rogers Cable guided me,let Comcast guide you,but if i remember Your in Great Britain right ?
Hey who won ?

Wow, first message here I read after signing up and I find that Senor Members talk kind of unkindly to newbies. You could have been more welcoming and less of an a-hole. Bye Bye forum

AlwaysUp said:
Wow, first message here I read after signing up and I find that Senor Members talk kind of unkindly to newbies. You could have been more welcoming and less of an a-hole. Bye Bye forum
Good luck then your reply didn't add much.
I'm in America.
So is South America the USA and Canada.
You know my choice.
Add it to your profile not as a reply to a problem.
Sorry but some newbies deserve a kick start.
:D
I have added all i can to post,please reply.

There is no such thing as a senior member-only morons named "bluto"-the name should say something, that alienate people for his own personal giggles like a little girl in a bathroom-
This is called a "Hardware Support Forum"-thats why people come here bluto-not to be told call support. Grow up fella or "you" go find another place to play. The fact that you have placed mind numbing numbers of meanless and useless posts doesn't get you credit in my book or anyone elses. It only serves to have intelligent but newbie users go some where else for help. If this was my board you would have been nixed eons ago.

As for your computer problem specter-where you given an install disk by your isp?-and Im not familar with them do you have dsl cable or dial up? Your problem sounds like improper settings in the network-But I need more info for a possible fix. Sadly the suggestion that you call the provider is a reasonable one-I just don't like the nah nah way it was made.

Back
Top Bottom