Favorite programming language

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's quite a powerfull language, and quite easy to learn, simillar in style to a cross between qbasic and a batch file.

You can use it to atomate tasks, and you can use it to write logon scripts for both windows, and linux machines, so in that respect it is very usefull. Not really much of an actual programming language though. more of a scripting language.

for the web.. c# and asp.net makes life so much earier than java & jsp in terms of handling client side form submission.

It can cut development time in half :)

Ok, a Compiler makes a language, yeah? (put me right on that if I'm wrong - but I'm sure it does)

Hence, and I blame this question on Denthul:

Who, other than Novartic has some ideas on a name for a Programming Lanugage?

I was thinking of K#? or O#

But I'm sure somebody will think of something more original.

Hi, I'm new and my opinion doesn't count much, but C and C++ are excellent. Assembler is necessary occasionally. My favorite language has always been whatever shows me the money. ;)

root said:
Not really much of an actual programming language though. more of a scripting language.

your talking about python right (as the 2 previous posts were so i figure..)

if thats the case im going to have to LOUDLY OBJECT without citing any reasons because its early in the morning. maybe if you care to explain why you dont think its really much of a actual programming language?

anyways,

pythons great. lots of other people think so too:
http://www.lehigh.edu/~sol0/rules.html
(dont ask me whats to the right of python..that wasnt there last time i looked :\)

i dislike C/C++, programming, it just isnt as fun to me as with python (maybe because i dislike typing lots).

VB..well, that doesnt even come into the running - disregarding all tis merits/flaws it doesnt run on any OS i use daily.

Well I was actually talknig about C# as a web language. -though I was wrong since ni the .NET framework the c# script is interperated once and the resulting file compiled to a .NET compatible excecutable which is cached for later use.

But since you mentioned python

What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language. It is often compared to Tcl, Perl, Scheme or Java.

source:http://www.python.org/doc/Summary.html

Since it is interperated by definition it is a script, not a programming language, it cannot be a programming language because it is never made into a program.

It doesn't matter how many Pyton programmers there out there who think it is a programming language, by definition, it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom