crossover from pc to playstation...

loaf

Baseband Member
my friend recently got final fantasy 11 on his PS2, and he is having trouble getting it to go online. does anyone know what the settings are supposed to be to allow crossover to playstation? i tried it here on my pc a couple of weeks ago with someone else and it worked, but for some reason his won't.
he is running windows xp home by the way.

Dude, I don't think the Network Adapter for the PS2 is compatible with a crossover. What I do with my PS2 to hook it up to my router, and I use CAT5s(Not crossover). I just connect to my PS2 to my router and configure it, then it works!

IF you don't have a router do this.
1.Connect a CAT5 from the cable/dsl modem.
2.Use the configuration CD.
3. Then it should work.

Message me if you got any problems.

GMD

i know for a fact that it works with the crossover. i've already done it on my computer, but for him it doesnt work. he has a dell, so i am thinking they may have changed some other settings that arent allowing it to work. i tried sharing the connection and pretty much anything esle i could think of. when he tries to connect with the ps2, it says to check the connection and the settings. i am fresh out of ideas.

Your telling me that you got a internet connection with a crossover cord with a computer?

technically it must be possible to use a cross over cable... to the play stationit will just appear as if its a normal cable plugged into a hub

check that XP has not enabled the built in firewall on the lan.. that might be your problem

(open up the lan properties.. go to advanced.. uncheck firewall)

other firewall software might be causing similar problems

p.s. it would not matter is sony made the cross over cable.. as its just a cable

jack
<< Please use a signature >>

i had the firewall off. so thats not the problem. i never thought about other firewall software, but as i recall, i dont think he has any. i will have to ask him about it.

oh, tell him to runt he "NEtwork Wizard" on the XP computer.. this enables the IP settings to share teh connections. I dont think its enought just to share the connection.

hey yeah, that acually makes sense. i'll see what happens. i'll get back to ya.

Back
Top Bottom