? about XP OEM

Are you sure that the CD is an install CD, or is it an restore cd that contains Windows XP? Last time I checked, Dell only gave the restore disc set and one or two of the cds where Windows XP install and configuration for the dell system.

Okay, then it should work. Make sure you get the key for the correct version, Home vs Professional.

To say the truth, I would first try a generated key and if it works, with the generated key, use the real one. Just to be sure that you will not waste your money on a key that wont work on a disc that Dell may have altered.

Cartman00 said:
My brother got a Dell whatever for his 16th B-day and it came with xp installation disk if i installed that on my custom and bought a product key would there be any problems?

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.327906/sc.9/category.5/it.A/id.69/.f
As long as its a Windows XP Full Installation version; which does not say only to be installed on a Dell Machine. If its a Restore no. If its a Dell version no. If it has a pre installed Key built for the Computer no. There're too many nos to risk doing something you won't know about until you buy it.

Just buy a real one, much safer.

Back
Top Bottom