VHS on PC?

cgreenieuk

Beta member
How can i connect my video to my pc? i have an ATI 9200 graphics card but am completely stuck by this problem! thank you

you plug the video card into a pci slot-sometimes you can't use two video cards at the same time-A vid cam often times comes with a video card which is compatable with a vga card-they usually have audio and video inputs

No. You can't plug a VCR into a video card.

What are you wishing to do?

Watch VCR tapes on your monitor?

Record your VCR tapes to your computer?

There are two different answers to the questions above. We need more information to assist you.

If you have a Tv card, the scart from the tv goes into you card, then the programs let you see whats on your tv, i think. It wont work without a tv...i think. Not much knowledge. Ive bought a tv card, i got it in america and it only tunes into american stations lol. how useful when i live in scotland. Anyone know of any software that can watch tv and suppor ati cards?

cgreenieuk said:
is there a way of plugging the video into the graphics card?
Of course there isn't; you'd need a program to recognise it even if there were and a Graphics Card isn't even built for doing that sort of thing. Best idea is to buy a WinTV Card and plug the Video into the S-Video In on the Card; then you can install it as a channel and tape and stuff like that. Even copy tapes onto your Computer.

cgreenieuk said:
How can i connect my video to my pc? i have an ATI 9200 graphics card but am completely stuck by this problem! thank you
I am working on this as you speak.You need a usb2 [preferably external] capture device.
http://www.kworld.com.tw.

i hope we can share results,my email is available.

I'm pretty sure you can get a little vcr that plugs in a USB and you can store the file for dvd recorders effects of converting your old VHS to DVD.

Back
Top Bottom