CPU Overheat? Running At 73oC! Hot?

CoMpUtaFrEek

Fully Optimized
Yo, i recently fixed the problem of my athlon 2100+ (it definately is) running at a slower speed but now my computer freezes frequently/reboots randomly.

I checked the bios and it recons the cpu is running at 73oC simply at bios! I believe this is far to hot? the max temperature is 80/90oC.

I just remembered setting something in my new motherboard setup that could be causing my computer to reboot when it gets to hot.

are these possible problems because i think i bought a fan not good enough to keep my CPU cool.. :/

clever me :D

This may seem to be a stupid question, but when you seated your cpu, before you put the HS&F on, did you apply silver based thermal paste?Thermal pads are less reliable in cooling you CPU, do not use them if you can help it! Also, do you overclock?

As a last tip, try to buy a HS&F that is rated higher than your current model, aim for a 3000+ capable HS&F, that way not only can you upgrade later on, but it also leaves you the cooling for a little overclocking! :D

Best of luck!

lol no i didnt apply that stuff... Ive just bought a Thermaltake Volcano 9 which had some good reviews. but now ive found out its size is like 10cm tall.. ? this is to big for my out of date case so now im looking to buy a new one of those! LOL

What kind of case are you looking for, showy, cheap, or generic? I could recommend some good cases if you want. Good CFM displacement, lots of space, not to mention drives!

If you do want to check it out yourself, go to tigerdirect.com great selection of cases for all form-factors!

NOTE: this time don't forget the thermal paste, lol...

lol yeh ill remember!

I'm checkin out ebay for cases.. ive been needing to upgrade it anyway. Looks like i can get hold of one with the space + decent psu + fans (i have no fans on my case atm lmao)

:/

CoMpUtaFrEek said:
lol no i didnt apply that stuff... Ive just bought a Thermaltake Volcano 9 which had some good reviews. but now ive found out its size is like 10cm tall.. ? this is to big for my out of date case so now im looking to buy a new one of those! LOL
LOL! Without the Thermal Paste I'm surprised its doing below 80! without it; the heat is not easily conducted from the prcoessor to whatever fancy heat sink and fan you have. Get that on before you do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom