Internet Explorer Sucks

I hate people like you...
It's people like yourself that have the Sasser virus and are unknowlingly sending out thousands od emails to unsuspecting people...

You can run spyware protection and virus scanners, they take up hardly any CPU time...

the least you could do is run a free net basde checker everynow and then...

My point is you may not see Virusses as a problem, but you may well be creating problems for other people.

root said:
It's people like yourself that have the Sasser virus and are unknowlingly sending out thousands od emails to unsuspecting people...

You can run spyware protection and virus scanners, they take up hardly any CPU time...

My point is you may not see Virusses as a problem, but you may well be creating problems for other people.
I do run sometimes Virus Protection and Adaware and Spyware Searchthingy. But only the Virus Searcher on mcafee.com - thats how I know I have 2 or so.

I have no idea what a free net basde checker is.

Possibly, but I doubt it. :p

root said:

doesn't seem to make much since to hate a person because their computer has some spyware.:p

OK, perhaps hate is a strong word, but it's these peoples fault that I recieve so many sasser / sobig32 infected mails on a daily basis, each and everyday there are about five sitting in mt inbox waiting for some unsuspecting click happy user.

I'm not saying that LK is stupid enough to click on the attachments, but there are people out there who are. who have, and are now making me have to tread carefully through my inbox to get the mails I want and ignore the ones I don't.

Even if Lord K is not unknowingly spreading these emails there are people out there who are, in my opiniona good AV / Firewall combination should be required by law for anyone with an internet connection.

then malware, virusses credit fraud, auto diallers, trojans, back doors, hacks, and any other programs that may be serupticiously connectiong to the internet would be realised and trapped.

Virusses may all but disapear overnight!

currently they wont because people are convineced that these, what I consider essential, security tools make a difference to the speed of their computer or are hard to set up don't work and are generally not worth it

with the three corrections my original post still stands
root said:
It's people like yourself that have the Sasser virus and are unknowlingly sending out thousands of emails to unsuspecting people...

the least you could do is run a free net based checker every now and then...

you do have a good point, root. if everyone had a firewall and anti-virus software, I suppose that that would cut down on email-spread viruses. But I think the biggest problem these days is spyware. I think that probably the most essential things to have would be spyware protection.

I use no virus scanner anywhere on my entire network. Its just being smart to avoid scams, and knowing whats real and whats not.

You just don't get it do you...

Windows (and linux) have exploits, those exploits do not necessarily have to be spread by someone getting click happy.

Any one remember the Blaster virus, that didn't require any emails or exe excecution, all that required was for you to have a vunerable computer attached to the internet...

I never got infected, you know why? Because my firewall defended me from hundreds of attacks per day, - and I have the firewall logs to proove that without this protection I too would have become a drone computer distrobutibng the virus for a while before willing the DCOM services and causing the computer to shut down...

(before anyone mentions that they didn't have the firewalls or patches in place and where never affected.

1, you don't know that, Microsoft released a simillar worm that would automatically patch systems, you might have been infected with this, but this new wornm still caused spurious network activity trying to send the automatic update out to people.

2, certain computers by blind luck of their IP range were not affected.)

Like I say people connected to the internet without the relevant protection may be causeing virusses to be spread, may be running services they don't know about, maybe serving files they don't know about, may be sending out presonal information they don't know about. or maybee just creating an excess of traffic that eats up a small proportion of your bandwidth,
That is to say everyone's online experiance would happen faster if there were not so much spurious traffic eating up bandwidth

root said:
OK, perhaps hate is a strong word, but it's these peoples fault that I recieve so many sasser / sobig32 infected mails on a daily basis, each and everyday there are about five sitting in mt inbox waiting for some unsuspecting click happy user.

I'm not saying that LK is stupid enough to click on the attachments, but there are people out there who are. who have, and are now making me have to tread carefully through my inbox to get the mails I want and ignore the ones I don't.

Even if Lord K is not unknowingly spreading these emails there are people out there who are, in my opiniona good AV / Firewall combination should be required by law for anyone with an internet connection.

then malware, virusses credit fraud, auto diallers, trojans, back doors, hacks, and any other programs that may be serupticiously connectiong to the internet would be realised and trapped.

Virusses may all but disapear overnight!

currently they wont because people are convineced that these, what I consider essential, security tools make a difference to the speed of their computer or are hard to set up don't work and are generally not worth it

with the three corrections my original post still stands
This is another wierd thing about some people. I don't realise this even happens! I recieve about 30 e-mails a day for various Forums; and either it is all filtered to my Junk Mail Box through the Brilliance of Microsoft Outlook or I just don't get it - cause I don't get any ominous E-mails at all! I think you're all just paranoid!

Lol; thats an interesting idea - but without Microsoft's backing there is no way to enforce it. I would welcome the idea; it is safe. However, I still think you're all way too paranoid. Maybe you should all get a nice e-mail address (not Yahoo), get Outlook 2003, and be done with it?

You can't do Auto-Diallers on Broadband anyway; and as most people who actively use the Internet have broadband now that is pretty useless. Again - I doubt the existance on a massive scale of any of these things.

And just for the record I do use basic and free internet Virus Scanners - I did it yesterday and I only had 1 Virus - in a Kazaa Spyware File. Where's the danger there?

usually people don't become paronoid unless they have some reason to, such as having had bad experiences. and if I am right about that, a lot of people on here have had bad experiences with viruses and spyware, and if so many people have, that must mean that there is quite a bit of it out there.

Back
Top Bottom