Msdos

Darcwolf777

Baseband Member
I was told i need to have an older computer with win 95 in order to use dos for C++. Im just starting out and find this stuff really interesting so i want to learn C++ but have a new gateway with XP is there any kind of programing like C++ i could learn with my comp? is there any way to learn C++ on my comp because i allready bought a book for it.
Thanks

Darcwolf777 said:
I was told i need to have an older computer with win 95 in order to use dos for C++. Im just starting out and find this stuff really interesting so i want to learn C++ but have a new gateway with XP is there any kind of programing like C++ i could learn with my comp? is there any way to learn C++ on my comp because i allready bought a book for it.
Thanks
DOS C++ works in XP doesn't it? What about Visual C++?

You can easily boot dos from a floppy disk and do c from there. Try to find a copy of ms-dos 6.22-install it onto your hardrive on a new partician-then sys a floppy with the new system and manually copy the operating files to the floppy from windows-or if you know dos-xcopy. There is tons of help on learning c on the internet. I believe some c compilers will also operate in a windows dos window. If you don't know msdos you need to learn that before you tackle c++.-Its pretty easy us old timers grew up on cpm and dos.

Back
Top Bottom