Why is xp slower?

IT's quite typical that windows slows down with time. Why don't u just reformat and do a fresh install?

Please Read What Has Been Typed

This is a fresh install, and it slowed it down. OVER TIME, i know that but over time is not on the same day as installed.
i have formated and it slowed it down, thats my problem, and i dont want to restart to get the same problem, thats just wasting my time. and i will have to install everything again.

Well then - you should take it up with the bloke you brought it from - unless you have a problem and you want to take it up with Microsoft.

Format

ive formated me comp. the problem was that my cd-rom drive couldnt pick up the files, so i used my cd-rewriter, much better. my pc is all good but still slow????????????????????????

Still not sure why. this install had NO ERRORS YAAAAAAAY.

EDIT: is there a program that can help to speed up me computer, i know my ram is a bit rubbish, theres a memory leak somewhere and i is still there after a format, in this format i did delete the partition and then install.
I want to know if this could be somekind of virus or trogan etc. I SOOO CONFUSED, i thought that formating would erase everything, but i do know that formating doesnt erase everything as when i install programs, some of there trials are still on. I WANT A SPEEDY COMP, lol it is really.

I used to have a RAM optimiser. I think it was called freeRAMXP, basically it monitors your memory usage, when the available free memory falls below a certain level the program basically stops everything for a while whilst it defragments.

personal experiance, yes they do work, but you have to have a really quite poor machine to start with. my machine was shit, and so a quite injection of available memory really helped things along.

on my new computer I tried a memory optimiser, but it was really never needed, the amount of RAM I have is more than enough to ensure that I don't need to use it, so I took it off for a few extra seconds on the booting speed.

Well is it my ram, im not too sure if its my ram atall, it is something that can not disapear through a format. my computer has never needed an update in ram, it has always been at a good speed, but lately it is complete SHIIIIIIT!!!!!! it is very annoying. i have had to change my hardware acceleration to nearly half, so now i cant get good graphics.

do you have an firewall software running?

what is the graphics card.. that can really slow the computer down

how much free hard drive space do you have?

have you run an up-to-date copy of an antivirus package?

1.5ghz is fine generally... but if the rest of the parts are slow.. then that might be the problem

ps. dont use optinisation programs... they can cause a lot of problems. is it slow with no progs apart from windows installed? if you use old software it may cause conflicts?

oh yes.. have you installed all the hardware dirvers.. go to windows update / manufactures sites to get the latest drivers

jack
<< Please use a signature >>

Spec

Ok, my grafix card is 32mb, my hdd space is 26gb, im fully upto date with my windows updates. it was slow befor i got some optimizing progs, but i dont use them, only when really slow. they only clean my ram, help alot, but only for a few minutes

but how much disk space is free?

can you go into control panel.. open up system... go to hardware tab.. and open up Device manager.. let me know if any devices have a cross or a warning next to them

also, you have not adjsuted the vertual memory have you? let windows manage that if you have changed it?

jack
<< Please use a signature >>

Back
Top Bottom