Programming an OS

Joel~

Daemon Poster
Me and 2 friends have just started programming our operating system. It looks like DOS at the moment but it has colour! It's called Fireball and it has a long way to go!

is it an actual opperating system, or dopesit sit ontop of windows or linux or something?

f it's an actual opperating system how about openeing up an account on sourceforge.net (it's free) and getting some more people to join in.

Whats it written in?

That sounds like so much fun; maybe one day when I have more time and a little more experience I shall try the same thing. Maybe when I have at least one friend who knows programming! :D

have you created a filesystem? kernal? what is it programmed in? I'd like to know more...

Itsme

Wow. Sounds like fun. You'll have to keep us updated as to the problems and successes.

I now know what I want to try before I finish University. :D

I'll send a few screenshots if I can. Problem 1: my mate started it the other week and asked me to add some things to it but won't give me the source code. I only have 1 .exe file, is there a way I can break it open to get the code?

On Visual Studio.NET (I love it! I recommend it to anybody; infact - I'll sell it to anyone who wants it; just PM me) you can open .exe files and take them apart - the Strings, the Binary, the Icons, the Cursers (I have ripped apart the No One Lives Forever exe) and you can edit the code itself.

What Program are you using to do it?

LK- Thats quite cool, I didn't realise you could do that!

Are you sure this is an actual OS, I mean an EXE file implies that you are running it on a platform.

Are you talking about writting an OS or making a shell application to hide windows?

Back
Top Bottom