Really stupid question (but I have to ask!)

posiview

Baseband Member
I installed NTL Broadband some time ago and in the interim period obtained a new Dell 4600 with XP and reinstalled broadband.

Now the stupid question:

how do I tell if I'm using broadband!; where on my computer do I look to find my connection speed? ;-((

There are two computers in the Task Bar next to the Time - they will have flickering screens, double click on that icon. It will then say your connection speed. Modem would come up with 56Kbps, Broadband will come up with 576kbps - unless you have the IDSN Package which some companies like to call broadband which is anything from 128kbps to 256kbps. Hope that helps.

That seems simple enough. Only problem is I don't appear to have the two computers in the Task Bar next to the Time. Is here anyway to add them?

Cheers.

in windows xp click start then click on network connections your broadband connection should show up in here.

when you see your broadband connection click on properties and click on the box that says show icon in task bar.

posiview said:
I installed NTL Broadband some time ago and in the interim period obtained a new Dell 4600 with XP and reinstalled broadband.

Now the stupid question:

how do I tell if I'm using broadband!; where on my computer do I look to find my connection speed? ;-((

Really stupid answer...but i have to reply
;)
Call NTL Tech support.Get a bang for your buck.1-800-***-****
Your town.
:p

Compaq said:
in windows xp click start then click on network connections your broadband connection should show up in here.

when you see your broadband connection click on properties and click on the box that says show icon in task bar.

That did it. I AM on broadband.

Cheers.

Lol! I'd like to think I helped - but it was mainly Bluto! But I'm glad you've worked it out without being sucked dry by NTL Helpline!

So your "paying" for broadband right.
So why do you need proof ?
Why not ask them ?
Note"if you dl from a 56 k then goodby broadband simple as that.Now your the low band on the modem pole i'm afraid".56k wins.
So don't blame them.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom