Resetting Problem...

Iluvatar1

Beta member
Ill tell you my whole story about this problem. My computer (AMD 2400+, GF4 Ti 4600, 1024MB Ram, GA-7VAXP, Seagate 7200rpm 70gig HD, CD-RW, DVD-ROM) was running fine when i got home from work one day, and i even used it for 30 minutes. I left for 15 minutes, and when i returned, my computer had crashed. I didnt like that as it hadnt ever crashed before. So i reset, and then that screen came up saying 'Windows did not reset properly etc etc.'.... I could choose to start with 'Safe Mode', 'Last Known Configuration to work', 'Normal Mode' etc etc.

Well whenever i choose ANY of those, it resets again. It then goes straight back there and i try to choose another screen (ie Normal Mode) and it resets. I try another mode (safe), it resets. I tried them all, and every time i try to get into Windows, it restarts.

Ive tried cleaning my computer of dust, removing the HD-Drive and running of CD-Rom, taken off Cd-Rom and tried running off Harddrive, booting of floppy and CD-Rom..all the same. When i tried to re-install from the Windows CD, it loads all the stuff, then gets up to 'Loading Windows' and restarts yet again.

I am unsure what to do. I dont know what it is, as i even took out my harddrive and put it into another computer and i couldnt get my harddrive into windows.

But even with the harddrive out, it still restarts when it tries to load windows.

What do i do? If i havent explained this correctly (if your confused) reply and ill try to explain it better.

I'm actually running dry on explanations right now, but it seems as if your computer was attacked while you were away(common with broadband connections, as it is always connected)
Do you have a broadband connection?

Which, if any, anti-virus software do you have, and have you downloaded all the updates?

Nope im on Dial-Up, and i have a fully-updated Nortan Systemworks working.

I wasnt on the internet at the time, so i dont think its that. Maybe im wrong....

How long do you leave your computer on during the day, before shutting down.I've had a couple of my systems crash cause they were left on for about 6 hours! This is even more of a predicament if you have a screen saver and power management features on.(the computer will hang a while, when coming out of idle)

But even with the harddrive out, it still restarts when it tries to load windows.
Impossible.
You should have got to safe mode,then use Restore.Or do a Scandisk,defrag.
From there do a restart to normal if your asked,usually i'm not.
Mine is on all day every day.
;) :rolleyes:
By the way what is yor definition of "crash"
:confused:

When i say 'Crash' i mean comp froze. Sorry if thats confusing o_O.
My mouse just wouldnt move, and it was stuck mid-way through the screensaver.

I had turned my comp on and played with it for 30 minutes (it would have been on for about 35 minutes - 50 minutes).

Iluvatar said:
When i say 'Crash' i mean comp froze. Sorry if thats confusing o_O.
My mouse just wouldnt move, and it was stuck mid-way through the screensaver.

I had turned my comp on and played with it for 30 minutes (it would have been on for about 35 minutes - 50 minutes).
Sorry then i must ask this no matter what you or others think,
How did you get here? If it was another PC than learn from it.
If it was with the "bad" one than thats a joke post with no foundation.
Right ???
:confused:
Oh my God,did you say screensaver ?
Please select none for now.OK

Sounds like a virus-sasser varient
See microsoft for removal details.
If it continues-try reformatting and reinstalling if the problem persists you might have bad memory.
rarley a sticky power or reset button. Power management is possible turn it off in the bios.

deepthroat said:
How long do you leave your computer on during the day, before shutting down.I've had a couple of my systems crash cause they were left on for about 6 hours! This is even more of a predicament if you have a screen saver and power management features on.(the computer will hang a while, when coming out of idle)
So how does big business and the FBI and the White House and the list goes on stay on around the clock ? Thank God my fridge doesn't work this way.
:eek:
I have left mine on for days.no problems,so you or anyone else must have a problem,i don't
:D .

I dont think formatting my hard-drive would help, seeing i cant get into the Windows Setup Screen (it still reboots). I even took out my Hard-drive and tried to only use my cd-rom and get to the 'Format Hardrive' Screen, but no avail - still reboots.

By the way Bluto, i cannot even get into Windows using Safe Mode.

Back
Top Bottom