Big trouble in little China!!!!!!!!!

Celldamage

Solid State Member
My wife was playing on my computer the other day and must have hit yes to download some garbage. Now my homepage always comes up differently than i set it over and over. Even if i reset it to Yahoo it will go back to this res://freud.dll/index.html#37049 and another problem i am having now is whenever I go to shut down my computer this dialog box comes up that says DEVLDR end now? What is DEVLDR? Has anyone ever heard of this stuff? I need to learn how to get into my registry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DEVLDR is the driver for Sound Blaster Live!.

You have spyware.

I suggestions. Do the instructions on the following thread:

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=17943#post17943

This will get rid of the spyware on your computer.

Install and update a virus program. I use McAfee but other are just as good.

Uninstall your Sound Blaster Drivers and re-install them. You might even want to get the latest version. Uninstalling is much better then just re-installing over the bad files.

Delete all of your history, cookies and files from IExplorer. Tools > Internet Options. Include all offline content.

Be sure you power off completely each time you need to re-boot. When you just re-start the RAM is still full of programs and other things...if one of them is spyware and/or virus you will reinfect your system and sometime bypassing your virus program.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom