computer problem need advice

Microdude

Solid State Member
hi. i'm new here happen to find this when search for computer related thing. well i having a little problem. my computer randomly shuts down at time or when i boot up.. i recently reformated it it used to do it occasionally. i'm trying to figure out whats wrong wiht it so i can fix the problem and not have to go by trail and error wasting money fixing things that need not to be fixed.. what could the problem be?

You did what those instructions told you to do?

That was quick...or you just don't want to start from from the beginning again?

Are you overclocking anything...CPU, Video, Memory?

If you are not overclocking and the only thing you did was re-format and start over...then my friend you have a security leak. That is what happens when you don't have Windows updated. There are tons of security updates for Windows XP, USE THEM!!!

Manual patching theses holes is very much impossible for the normal or even experience non-programmers. There is just so many items to deal with and I don't know where to start.

If you don't want to update Windows, then you need to talk to a hacker. They have the best knowledge how to break in and find security leaks, they might be able to help you to patch them.

In other words, pay the $99 bucks to get yourself a registered copy of Windows or learn to code and make the same security patch that Microsoft with lots of expert programmers to patch them for you. That's pretty good for $99 bucks.

It's not that I do everything by the book, but I love to use my computer so usually pay a little bit of money for hours, days, years of fun on my computer.

Sorry, that's not the answer you wanted but I at least gave you options. And remember you can always scrap Microsoft and go with Linux.

i do all the updates.. it never hapened before so i duno 've installed this windows on different computers.. i doubt it would be windows cause everything is done on it.. anyways i'll try re formating see if that solves the problem.. also my previous version of windows was a registered one and i still got the same problem just not as often.. i'm starting to think it pobally the hard drvie.. i'm gonna try a spare i have lying around and see what ahppens.. thanks again..

Microdude said:
hi. i'm new here happen to find this when search for computer related thing. well i having a little problem. my computer randomly shuts down at time or when i boot up.. i recently reformated it it used to do it occasionally. i'm trying to figure out whats wrong wiht it so i can fix the problem and not have to go by trail and error wasting money fixing things that need not to be fixed.. what could the problem be?
Do you have an nVidia? Any Card older than about half a year? I had the same rebooting problem and found it was the Driver and the update worked fine. If on reboot it says Windows has Recovered from a Fatal Error, send the report and if you can go to see what it says about it. Good answers on there always.

help me please

hi i am new to the computer world and i need help
i just triped on the cords and the computer will not even start up now is it the motherboard or power supply help meh out

my computer did that also but soon i found out that it was hibernating, so i just changed the settings. Also, if your computer is infected with a trojan(s) something like that is common.

Back
Top Bottom